Ruger 22/45 Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kevshell

Bearcat
Hello everyone. I have a suppressor on the way and have been considering buying a Ruger 22/45 Tactical to mount it on. Does Ruger or has Ruger put out a threaded 22/45 with a metal grip frame as opposed to the polymer? I even called Ruger and the nice lady didn't seem to have any decent information for me. One dealer that I spoke to indicated that there might be metal versions that were done as distributor models. I did see they have a metal grip frame but not in the 22/45 configuration listed on their website. Any help would be appreciated.

9x19

Hunter
Nope, all factory 22/45s have a polymer frame.

There are after-market 22/45 frames available in metal (Volquartsen comes to mind), but they are not inexpensive.

Just FYI, I own a few 22/45s and the frames have never given me a moments trouble.

No problem with the polymer grip frame here, either. Both of my "long range" 22 pistols are based off the 22/45 polymer bottom and work exceptionally well. My hands are smaller than average so I actually prefer the older (non-replaceable panel) frames.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
kevshell said:
Hello everyone. I have a suppressor on the way and have been considering buying a Ruger 22/45 Tactical to mount it on. Does Ruger or has Ruger put out a threaded 22/45 with a metal grip frame as opposed to the polymer? I even called Ruger and the nice lady didn't seem to have any decent information for me. One dealer that I spoke to indicated that there might be metal versions that were done as distributor models. I did see they have a metal grip frame but not in the 22/45 configuration listed on their website. Any help would be appreciated.

Not yet, that I'm aware of. One thing I do know for sure. The 22/45 uppers can successfully be installed onto a steel grip frame. There is a bit of adjustment needed on the receptacle in the bottom of the 22/45 receivers, in many cases, to make fitting onto a metal grip frame possible, but it's not an insurmountable task.

This one has been set up with a "special" bolt to just shoot CCI Quiet rounds. and be changed back to shoot regular CCI Mini-Mags quite easily:

YVP4SsLl.jpg