ruger 22/45 lite barrel vs pac-lite barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dscott31508

Bearcat
hey guys
hope everybody is having a great day. I own a 22/45 lite, I have seen a lot on these pac-lite barrels from tactical solutions on the web, are these barrels lighter or better than the barrel on the lite version? has anybody used this product? any imput would be great, thanks for your time

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I have a 22/45 Lite. I've also shot a few of the TS built guns.
For MOST shooters,,, you will not be able to tell the difference. The TS guns were started with competition in mind, and serious competitors use them a lot. The average shooter will do better by finding a good type/brand of ammo that works in their 22/45 Lite & spend the money there. TS makes some great uppers & all, but most people can't tell the difference in accuracy because they are not the best of the best shooters.

davb45

Bearcat
I don't have a 22/45 Lite but, I've put Tactical Solutions barrels on a 10/22 and a 22/45. Both of those TS barrels out-shot the Ruger barrels they replaced. I've been very pleased with them.

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
dscott31508 said:
hey guys
hope everybody is having a great day. I own a 22/45 lite, I have seen a lot on these pac-lite barrels from tactical solutions on the web, are these barrels lighter or better than the barrel on the lite version? has anybody used this product? any imput would be great, thanks for your time

I have used them, they are great, but the Ruger LITE has an all steel breach face, the pac-lite has an alloy breach face.
The Ruger LITE I have is one of the most accurate, and favorite rugers I have.

REP1954

Blackhawk
I owened a Pac-Lite before I got my Ruger Lite black. Both guns barrels were the equal in accuracy but the breach on the Pac-lite was taking a beating but not interfering with function at all. Still I couldn't help but think it could be a head space problem in time however Pac-Lite barrels have been around for some time and I have not heard of head space problems developing on any. I just felt more comfortable and trusting in my Ruger Lite and let the Pac-Lite go. As Duntov said about his Lite the same is for me although I did bless mine with a Volquartsen 22/45 lower and put a 3" Target barrel on the Lite lower which has been my every trip to the range gun.