Ruger 1V Scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tuco Tom

Single-Sixer
I'm in the process of picking a Leupold scope for a Ruger #1V in .223. I've decided on a 1" scope but the Ruger Ring situation has me buffalo'd!
This rifle will be used mostly as a Bench Rifle.

Will Standard Low Rings work for a 12X40 AO Leupold Scope or will I need the Med extended Rings to achieve proper eye relief???

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
TT,
I do not believe low rings will work on the 1V with a 40mm objective scope. Medium rings should let the scope clear the barrel, but I don't know if you will need the offset rings to get the eye relief you want or require.

Tuco Tom

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the reply...sounds like I'll need "Medium" rings and the eye relief is a individual requirement..
The rifle didn't include rings.
Since this will be mostly a Bench proposition I'm kicking around the idea of a Leupold 25X, I'm worse than a women deciding which scope to buy.

picketpin

Buckeye
Iwould think that mediums with no off set would work.

I have a couple of "V"s with 12x and bigger fixed power Leupolds on them. They all have fairly long scope tubes with plenty of space between the turrets and the forward and rear bells so I have never had to use offset rings.

Of course how you position your face and crawl or not crawl the stock is a personal thing. All I can say is that I own several #1s that wear fixed power Leupolds in the Varmint?BR class and none required offset rings.

Ross

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
Second from top is 1V Swift.Scope is old Weaver K10 in medium rings,long enough that eye relief is perfect.Still enough room for a scope with bigger objective lens.
P2030131.jpg

RugerInExile

Bearcat
I have a 1-inch Leupold VariX-III 6.5-20x40mm on my 1-V (.223) and it works fine with low rings (just barely above the barrel). I put a 1-inch Leupold VariX-III 3.5-10x40mm on my other 1-V (25-06) and because of my eye relief I had to go to the medium ring and an off-set ring. I don't see a low off-set listed in any of the Ruger catalogs.

To reduce any mirage effect from a hot barrel a high ring setup might be the better way to go.

I also tried a 30mm tube (Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40mm) and had to use the medium height rings.

Latest posts