Ruger 1911!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Well let me put some of this to rest. Spoke with a Ruger rep today and asked simply, "Ruger 1911?" Was told it couldn't be completely dismissed, anything is possible but right now, no, it's not gonna happen. Was told there would not be one at SHOT. The idea is there and it seems the table rumblings are focused on how much they're source for, how much they'll make themselves and what the price point/profit margin will allow. It'll depend on the business aspect of it (ie worth while financially in other words). So all those holding your breath...inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ruger would be smart to put out a value 1911 even if it was a semi loss-leader ... at least it would get them back in the door of the semi market, and they could always juice it up later and raise the price to profitability levels after a year or so, and preferably NOT after the recall LOL.

REV

mattsbox99

Hunter
I don't think Reps really know anything... I've heard so many stories from Reps of all brands, virutally anything that comes from the mouth of a Rep is worthless.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
gonna have to check some sources who live and play in AZ who has a friend at the factory.

I can get a tour if I ever get my fatness out there

Mike J

Hunter
From what I understand Mas Ayoob was the one that started all the talk about Ruger coming out with a 1911. I think he wrote something in a magazine article recently. Then I saw a link to where he was posting in a forum about the topic. I don't think he'd be leaking information if someone hadn't given him some reason to.

Spikess

Bearcat
Well that's just great! :evil: ! I thought I was set with 1911's, and .45's in general, (except maybe a P345), and now Ruger is talking about bringing one out??? They "DO" understand that some of us have marriages we're trying to maintain, don't they?

Seriously, if it's kept "reasonably" priced, it ought to do well.

Mike J

Hunter
I kinda think one of those on the market is enough Paul. I never really saw the point in the Judge but I've got a friend that loves his.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Now I gotta add that while I'm only one of a handful that don't own a 1911, I would perhaps buy a Ruger branded one but in all seriousness, what can they do to one that hasn't already been done? The model and design have been altered and tweaked to death. The market is flooded with them anyways so adding another? Taurus, Sig, Charles daly even...do we need a Ruger 1911?

However, in the conversation I had, I can see it coming. Just the direction the people in the big chairs seem to want to head.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Spikess":1mvxwzl7 said:
They "DO" understand that some of us have marriages we're trying to maintain, don't they?

Have no fear Spike ... by the time they get their 1911 right, your kids will have grandkids .... :D :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Glasstream15":1ch04n60 said:
I've got a KP90. I don't want a 1911. I want another KP90.

Eventually you will see the light Grasshopper !! :D

REV

2ndamd

Bearcat
Glasstream15":ucpckb2w said:
I've got a KP90. I don't want a 1911. I want another KP90.

I agree.

I had a p90. I was a tad more accurate than a $2500 Ed Brown. My dad made me sell him my P90 to him. He still has it. That's been about 10 years ago now.

No need for Ruger to make a 1911. The P90 can hang with some of the best 1911s out there for 1/5 th the cost.

revhigh

Hawkeye
2ndamd":24pnystq said:
I had a p90. I was a tad more accurate than a $2500 Ed Brown.

I had a Kia Sportage ... it was slightly faster than a Lamborghini Countach ... why spend the extra money ????

From Ed Brown website ....

What type of accuracy are your handguns capable of at 50 yards?

Ed Brown guns are capable of producing the accuracy the highest quality ammunition is capable of. With a 45 ACP, this is about 1 1/2" at 50 yards.

So I guess your P90 is capable of shooting 'a tad' better than 1.5 inches at 50 yards .... I'd like to see that ....

REV

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Polymer-framed, cast slide & internals, contracted barrel, springs, sights, magazines, and grip panels, Ruger logo.

With the molded frame & cast parts, the margin is still better than 50%. That's all the board wants to hear.