Ruger 10/22 Squirrel Killer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TnTnTn

Single-Sixer
Here is a couple of photos of my old 10/22 walnut stock, metal buttplate, modified squirrel rifle. TnTnTn
091309002.jpg

004-1.jpg

rugersquirrelrifle013.jpg

americal

Hunter
CASE closed 8) 8) A fine good looking hunting rifle :) plus you know how to shoot = food on the table and A lot of fun :D GREAT PHOTOS :!: looks like head shots 8)

TnTnTn

Single-Sixer
Jengel it is a standard Volquartsen 'muzzle weighted' barrel-no suppressor. It has a Jewel trigger. I put the rifle together back in about 1994 or so. I bought it on clearance about 1976 or so for $70 I think. I shoot Rem subsonics in it and it will pretty much clean a Black Death target at 25 yards. It shoots most any ammo into raggedy little holes. It has a fixed Burris 6x mini ao on it.

Americal-thanks for the kind words. Yeah I prefer the head shots-much easier to skin/clean. I probably make about 90% head shots-the rifle can do it-if I miss, it was me.

And I was in the Americal Division-don't remember which brigade. I was an artillery officer assigned to A company of the 4th/3rd Old Guard. We operated out of Duc Pho, Chu Lai, and went up to Quang Tri/Khe Sanh during Lam Son 719. I was in country from about Dec70 to Sep 71. Sorry to see you suffered injury. I was extremely fortunate and am thankful for that.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Nice Rifle!! & good shooting!! One of my favorites is this stock 10/22 Target!
It will put 10 into a dime at 35 yds off the bench if I do my part :wink:

Terry

003-6.jpg

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
TnTnTn":vx6xytp3 said:
Jengel it is a standard Volquartsen 'muzzle weighted' barrel-no suppressor. It has a Jewel trigger. I put the rifle together back in about 1994 or so. I bought it on clearance about 1976 or so for $70 I think. I shoot Rem subsonics in it and it will pretty much clean a Black Death target at 25 yards. It shoots most any ammo into raggedy little holes. It has a fixed Burris 6x mini ao on it.

Americal-thanks for the kind words. Yeah I prefer the head shots-much easier to skin/clean. I probably make about 90% head shots-the rifle can do it-if I miss, it was me.

And I was in the Americal Division-don't remember which brigade. I was an artillery officer assigned to A company of the 4th/3rd Old Guard. We operated out of Duc Pho, Chu Lai, and went up to Quang Tri/Khe Sanh during Lam Son 719. I was in country from about Dec70 to Sep 71. Sorry to see you suffered injury. I was extremely fortunate and am thankful for that.

Love that rifle! but....thanks God I'm far away from TN.
squirrelh.jpg

americal

Hunter
T.A. well I must say :) you are deadly also 8) My charger with .920 match barrel will pretty much do that off bench but A rifle is much better for hunting but i'm sure the charger is used for hunting BOTH are accurate guns--nice photo :)

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
6GUNSONLY":1qkl819x said:
Our squirrel season opens Oct. 15. Me and my 10/22 fingergroove sporter are ready!

Just relax and breeeeath!!...There is nothing to worry about. I'm sure we can get away from this guy!...

relaxing.gif

wickerbill

Bearcat
Nogunsmith4me":wby9c2ge said:
6GUNSONLY":wby9c2ge said:
Our squirrel season opens Oct. 15. Me and my 10/22 fingergroove sporter are ready!

Just relax and breeeeath!!...There is nothing to worry about. I'm sure we can get away from this guy!...

relaxing.gif

Yep, you squirrels come on down to Tennessee and relax. If he dosn't get you with his 10/22, I'll take care of you with my Cooper.
Bill

Latest posts