Ruger 10/22 Magazine Release Not installing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

paq7512

Bearcat
I just bought a new Ruger 10/22 and it shot well. However when I was cleaning it the magazine release fell off. I do not know how to put it back together. My uncle was helping me and said there was probably a pin there but I did not see one.

Please guide me back. If there is a pin where is the best place to buy that? Thanks in advanced.

Here is a picture.
img1448fbm.jpg

Where I have the red X is there supposed to be a pin there?

If so what part is it here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...=11647&categorystring=10636***10560***9142***

Please show me on Midway what part I need so I can buy it

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Check your manual! Call Ruger and order one.

Magazine Latch Pivot & Ejector Pin item no. B-35

E

Single-Sixer
Sometimes they come out easily, sometimes they take a little push. Same for the cross pins that attach the trigger assembly to the receiver. They hold in place just fine when the whole assembly goes back into the stock.

paq7512

Bearcat
Is there a better place to buy them from then Midway since they charge a handling fee?

You can make one or pick one up at a good hardware store... can't quite figure out how it came out while shooting... the pin can only come out when the receiver and trigger mech. is removed from the stock.

I was going to give you the exact measurements but can't find my micrometer right now...

looks like 3mm thick by about 22mm long....
(pretty dern close to the wythe of a 10 penny finishing nail)

keep in mind this pin holds the bolt hold/ release thingy too.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
paq7512":80t2ul3u said:
Is there a better place to buy them from then Midway since they charge a handling fee?

Most anyplace will charge some s/h fee. However...as I posted above:

Call Ruger and order one.

Magazine Latch Pivot & Ejector Pin item no. B-35

I just realized you said while cleaning it.... the pin has got to be laying around somewhere.... but Like I said before a cut down 10 penny or possibly 8 penny finishing nail will get you by..... I still haven't found my calipers yet, dang it....

hang on....

I think a 10lb common is the best choice.

Artherm

Bearcat
I made one from a 3/16 aluminum pop rivet stem.......same thing lost while cleaning, looked all over the house, never did find that little bugger.

paq7512

Bearcat
I got the pin in yesterday and installed fine, the magazine is releasing fine, thanks guys.