Ruger 10/22 engraved reciever, factory?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JMtoolman

Bearcat
Hello, thought I would ask about a 10/22 reciever that I found in a bunch of stuff. It has running scroll engraving the length of each side. They look to be hand cut. Inside the reciever there is a number 10884 and below that in a logo there is a mark Newton and Newhaven the first and last letters are combined upper case. Then there is a C1 following. There is no indication of use in the action, and the outside has the black annodized finish. There are a few small spots of the finish missing along some of the edges. It has the scope dovetail in the casting on the top of the action. Was this engraving done for, or by Ruger? Never heard of one being engraved before. Would like to know the value if anyone about this. Any ideas anyone! Thanks, the toolman.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
You really need to send a pic of the engraving for anyone tell if it's original or not and more importantly if you're asking about value, a pic is absolutely necessary.

9x19

Hunter
If the scope rail is cast as part of the receiver (rather than attached with screws) I don't think it came from Ruger.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
If you want our help, please attach a pic. Otherwise, I and many others will ignore.