Ruger#1 Alexander Henry Fore arm.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fred M

Bearcat
Can anyone tell me where that name and configuration came from? Alexander Henry a Scott gun maker in the late 1800 made the A.H. Rifles which were a falling block type. But in pictures non of his rifles had that Ruger fore arm.

So did Ruger simply dream up that configuration and nammed it Alexander Henry. The Farquharsen rifle and action was very simular to the Alex Henry rifle action maybe that is where the name came from, since Ruger modeled his #1 after the Farquharsen.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Check out the photograph on page 70 in R. L. Wilson's "RUGER & His Guns", bottom rifle from WBR's own collection. The forearm treatment is similar and the caption even notes -Alexander Henry, with the stock style which influenced Ruger's No.1 "Henry forend".
If you are without this book, 2nd Editions are selling on eBay for less than $20 shipped. It is a book well worth the $$, even at 3x the money

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
It's on there now for a Buy it Now of $12.49 +3.99 to ship and there are 6 or 7 left at this price. It is Item # 270465245681.
A really good deal! If I did not have so many copies, I would buy another one.

Fred M

Bearcat
El Numero Uno.
I am sorry but I can't find the book. The Item # does not show up. I love to have the book. I am wondering if you could get it for me , I am in Canada. I send you the money. My address as a PM.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Fred M":3t077vuf said:
El Numero Uno.
I am sorry but I can't find the book. The Item # does not show up. I love to have the book. I am wondering if you could get it for me , I am in Canada. I send you the money. My address as a PM.

Type in the item number on the EBAY search line. They are there.....I just purchased two and there should be five left........ 8)