RUGER’S NEW 308 AR RIFLE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

g5m

Blackhawk
I got to fondle one at LGS this afternoon. It's okay but my attention quickly turned to a new Ruger built Trapper 45-70! I acquired a Remlin Trapper about four weeks ago so I'm torn weather I need the Ruger or not......🧐
Of course you NEED it!

hittman

Staff member
Just realized I don't have any 308 ammo. Of course, if things work out with Ruger's product delivery like it usually does, we won't see these in my town for 6 months ….. maybe a year.

:mad:

Just realized I don't have any 308 ammo. Of course, if things work out with Ruger's product delivery like it usually does, we won't see these in my town for 6 months ….. maybe a year.

:mad:
First, I agree and predict it'll be some time until we see purchasable quantities of this rifle. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Second, .308 ammo has been very available throughout this latest ammo shortage, both in the 7.62x51 FMJ persuasion, as well as .308 hunting ammo.

hittman

Staff member
Well . . . . Time I start accumulating a few rounds then ….. thanks for the info.

KIR

Sparks, NV
WOW, just under the weight of my Gunsite Scout, and in .308!

hittman

Staff member
Oh joy ….. one of me local stores says they're due to have one of these in stock late this week. Since I was the first to inquire, I'll get first chance at it.

Don't know yet which barrel length or what they're gonna ask for it.