RSSE at recent aution

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
For those of you who followed the RSSE question and answer posts that led to info on the aution of an RSSE and two other Ruger collectibles. The aution took place, the guns did not sell, and I forgot that the offer I made here in writing was good even (after) the auction. When the auction was over I only offered what I knew the High was at auction....The seller pulled the sale, justifiably so. I did not honor my written offer on the phone...I have tried this AM to call the seller and make full ammends...I may be forgetful, but I am not dishonest and won't let a dollar figure make me so. RB

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: I tell you what...I've heard from many in this goofy deal...just not the party that was wronged...no phone, no direct email. I guess he really was mad that I did not remember the after the auction part of my offer...I'll wait for a while to see.

You and others have offered RSSE's, 10"ers, and various other items to salve my feelings and drain my wallet. I'm going to lay low for a while and see what happens. RB

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
You and others have offered RSSE's, 10"ers, and various other items to salve my feelings and drain my wallet. I'm going to lay low for a while and see what happens. RB

What are friends for? :D :D :D

Dan

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Yea Tucsonite! I was asking Old Rugerman that very same thing this last Sunday when his voice over my shoulder said buy that old flatgate in the box....There were darn few people there on Sunday and several nice old R's to drule on...RB

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Final chapter here is that I talked to Steved, He said no sweat on the deal, that he would just as soon keep the guns himself, that he was not angry and understood the whole hubbub that went on over the nice collectibles. He wants to keep the group and is happy that I have found others to fill the void in my collection. RB

chet15

Hawkeye
We had a shot at getting the prototype to the Canadian Centennial 10/22 once, serial number 81964. The person who'd just picked it up at the time asked us what we thought something like that was worth, so being nice guys we gave our honest opinion, and that we would have liked that for our 10/22 collection at the time. Next time we saw him the price went up, but we told him we were still interested in it. Then the price went up again. By that time, disgusted and dropped interest.
I hate pricing anything for anybody! Because a lot of the time it does you no good whatsoever!
Chet15

yes, Chad ,BUT it goes BOTH ways and bottom line ,we found out over the years, its best to be "straight up & honest..." and theyWILL come back, yes, you will lose them at times and yes, you will "piss off" others, both collectors AND dealers who will "Rosie O'Donnell" as to "why did you tell them it was worth so much...." we have to look at ourselves in the mirror, every morning and I like what I see.........after all, thats all we got .........

I know, I know this is a family show...but you KNOW what I mean, we only have "our word and integrity....." came into this world with nothing and going out the same way....we are only the temporary custodians of of any of this stuff.........
as grandpa said, "sometimes you get the bear, and other times the bear gets you........" :wink:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
RugerBoi":2gng6ifm said:
:D Final chapter here is that I talked to Steved, He said no sweat on the deal, that he would just as soon keep the guns himself, that he was not angry and understood the whole hubbub that went on over the nice collectibles. He wants to keep the group and is happy that I have found others to fill the void in my collection. RB

Greg, if you are calm, so are we. Good luck in the continued hunt. Will always be happy to discuss with you. 8) :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
rugerguy":1xzyr0br said:
yes, Chad ,BUT it goes BOTH ways and bottom line ,we found out over the years, its best to be "straight up & honest..." and theyWILL come back, yes, you will lose them at times and yes, you will "piss off" others, both collectors AND dealers who will "Rosie O'Donnell" as to "why did you tell them it was worth so much...." we have to look at ourselves in the mirror, every morning and I like what I see.........after all, thats all we got .........

Absolutely, I agree! Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some. But at the end of the day you know where you stand.
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Hawkeye #28, Sorry I haven't called, just so busy, and getting home late...12 PM my time last night...but yes I'm calm, Steved really was nice after he realized I was just a forgetful old fart and that I would send the check immediately...He does want to keep the group as they are a nice foundation for a great collection.

Chet 15, You guys are right about the real importance of this deal we had and then didn't have here. A man gave his word, was reminded of it, and kept it. The rewards may be in Heaven, but I have been offered two RSSE's and other nice collectibles since. Soooo, maybe it pays to be old, honest, AND Forgetful. RB