RSS with micro sight ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know this has been covered before but I never paid attention so I have come across a 50000 range flatgate with micro sights did they make them in that range ? the gun looks like it has been reblued and converted :( but I have extra parts to make it original :D is there any premium value for these I cant find any that have sold on the auctions Im trying to figure out what it might be worth any info would be great

GRAMPS

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
GRAMPS,
I bought this one #55482 about 95% for $575.00, and I have another one coming from Alaska this week that I paid $445.00 for but I don't
know the number or exact condition yet,,but it does have a very scarce "Micro" type front blade, :wink: :wink: .
Hope you are able to get it.
Terry

IMG_1431.jpg

we've had quite a few of them over the years and way back when we had our shop, put some on guns for customers...as for the 'factory' NO, they never made any as being shipped "original/new" ,BUT I'd bet the farm if ANY of Mr Rugers "friends" wanted 'adjustable sights' on one of their early, flat topped Single Sixes, he had them put on,just you would not be able to "substantiate" that with any 'service records, maybe a written correspondance by the original owner and the factory, say a letter to and from Mr Ruger.........
Our Wayne (Americal) here on the forum is one guy who loves to get,find, collect them, many of us have gotten some for Wayne over the years, he's been kinda quiet lately, hope his wife is feeling OK......
As for value, very 'subjective' mainly the gun and its value as to condition ( original finish of course) and the parts are what they are, aftermarket, and needs to be put back to "original" for the most part...me,I'd leave it be and shoot it , enjoy it for what it is and 'why' it is.....

Good luck, we need to "see" some pictures, love pictures.........

Thanks for the info the owner said he will give me a price when I see him Tuesday im pretty sure its been reblued and it has been converted I will post pictures if the deal comes togather

chet15

Hawkeye
WBR probably thought about offering a Micro sight on their Single-Six, I've always thought if it did happen it was probably early in production, as he did with his .22 autos.
But the cost of the sight and the idea that he needed to make a fair $ percentage on the final product, may very well have pushed the retail price (back when dealers had to sell stuff for retail price!!) much higher than if an individual simply purchased a sight over the counter and put it on themselves. Being the middle man (Ruger) didn't always have its advantages for him in the retail business. That's what really pushed the retail of the Engraved Single-Six over the top, and why they are so rare today.
I've always thought if Ruger went to production with a Micro sight Single-Six, that he would have eliminated the step of pinning a Micro Ramp style front sight to the original Ruger half-moon blade, and just eliminated two operations (Ruger's blade and the sight slot in the barrel) by just sweating the Micro front to the barrel.
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
The early Single-Six with the Micro sight package is a "must have" variation for the "hard core" collector despite the fact the parts are in no way, shape or form a product of Sturm, Ruger & Company. That fact doesn't sway the serious collector one tiny bit! :D

JMHO,
flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Gotta be a "pucker" factor for you or others to do it, knowing that the gun will probably never letter from the factory.
To date, none have ever lettered.
Chet15

I agree, this again is one of them "the sum of the total of the parts"....and we don't know "which" parts...original hard rubber black grips??? the Micro sights are worth about $35-40 bucks ( more if you had the original packaging like Flatgate pictured...) the value of the "parts" you have (need) to put it back to original, and now you say it is "reblued"??? No Sir, far too much as far as I'm concerned...like flatgate says, if you want to "add" ( fill) in to or show what was available for that era and you have a nice 'flatgate' Single Six 'collection, then it is an "example" of such, an "extra", so to say, BUT the "value" is still not there, not for a refinished version, it is what it is...........