Rough Super...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
Saved this one from a pawn shop today. I need to get it cleaned up but the finish is GAWN!!

hd6acO.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
Nope

Other than the finish it is in fine shape. I had a base pin latch and rear sight blade here.

Need to find some rough but solid super grips now but i'm tickled with it.

May send back to Ruger and let them refinish. May oil it up good and leave it alone. The bore is BEAUTIFUL! And i'd bet it's been shot little and left in a holster a LOT!!

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Give it a buff to get the grunge gone, slap on some wood grips and enjoy it.

It looks like a mate to my .41 mag Blackhawk:

I think it gives it a "gunfighter" look.

Aqualung

pete44ru

Hunter

I've never seen another Ruger, with all the finish worn off, like yours.

Mayhaps somebody "antiqued" it ?

You could just buy any SBH grips, then similarly "distress" them to match the metal.

Joe S.

Hunter
pete44ru said:

I've never seen another Ruger, with all the finish worn off, like yours.

Mayhaps somebody "antiqued" it ?

You could just buy any SBH grips, then similarly "distress" them to match the metal.

I thought about that as well. Or dad and i thought maybe it was wrapped up in a rag that got wet somewhere along the way. I have a set of "pre distressed" grips coming. Lol

Someone suggested fire but it just dont look like a fire gun to me.

Anyway, i shot it 6 times tonight. 4 specials and 2 magnums and it stayed together so I'm happy about that. I probably wont use it for any nuclear loads. :)

Spencer

Single-Sixer
I think it looks awesome. The only thing that would have made it look better is if it originally had a steel ejector rod housing that weathered right along with it. Still, Awesome!!!!!! can't wait to see it with the distressed grips.

reloader

Single-Sixer
I think it looks better than the stainless one. The antique look has a lot going for it.

That has a lot of character - would use it just as it is.

The only caveat would be this, Unless I know the history I always wonder about if it could it have been in a fire? If so, if it has the original springs and they're still good it's probably ok. If it was not hot enough to de-temper the springs it probably wasn't hot enough to hurt the heat treatment.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
I like it! Yeah, he's helped me with a project or few, lol. Can you get some pics outdoors so natural light can get us a glimpse of the patina? Great lookin railroad spike man!

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Been busy with work and family. Also been tinkerin with a couple vehicles of mine(different hobby) and been lurkin auto forums for info research. Need to get some action shots pictured and posted now that it's cooled off here. Maybe dust off ol bedrockfred and take him out, too!

Latest posts