Rossi really thinks a lot of their new revolvers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Too bad this is just a gun ad, rather than the trailer for an actual movie.

Yeah, somebody's been watching a lot of Yellowstone. :LOL:

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Link to the actual guns:

Which actually look pretty good. Hope Taurus has upped their QC, because those guns do look promising.

Paul B

Buckeye
"Looks like it could be a good movie........ Interesting the new push towards revolvers, maybe folks are getting tired of plastic fantastic?"

Maybe it's all the comments I've been hearing were some state governments and the feds are saying they was to ban all semi-auto firearms. Rossi is probably betting some of that might come true. I wonder if Colt had been given an early heads up as they're doing revolvers now. Maybe they're just doin some serious just in case CYA.
Paul B.

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
The part about keeping it in a bedside table drawer, probably loaded, and not in a lock box will probably send many people scrambling for their "safe places" having to deal with how badly they were "offended"...........:D

Are Rossi firearms very good quality? I don’t know anything about them. How is their customer service?

It does look like a nice gun though. I wonder what the price will be at the local gun store?

I’d say “price on the street” but a while back someone commented they did t like that phrase. 👍

Wvfarrier

Single-Sixer
Thats a hard "meh" from me. Guy has a long gun with a suppressor but is carrying a wheelgun.......

The quality used to be hit or miss. As was their customer service. It’s been a while since I’ve had any experience with them though.

I’d buy a well used Ruger, S&W or Colt before I’d buy a new Rossi. At least I could get my money back out of one of those if I wanted to. Rossis take a big hit if you’re trying to get out of one.

CHEVYINLINE6

Bearcat
Back in the late 1990's I bought a Rossi model 518 double action stainless steel 22 revolver for right around $200.00 if I remember correctly. After going to the local shooting range I found out it wasn't very accurate and it was spitting lead real bad out the side of the front of the cylinder. When I got home and started cleaning it I noticed there was no forcing cone cut into the rear of the barrel. I took it back to thr local gunshop and showed them and they said they would ship it back to Interarms the company that imported it to get it fixed. Two months went by and I didn't hear back from the gunshop. They were only four blocks from my house so I drove over there to discover the store was empty. I knew they had another store across the river in Portland, so I called them and they said they knew nothing about my gun or where it was or who I was even after spending thousands of dollars at their Vancouver store over the years. I told the person I was talking to that I was gonna call ATF to see if they could help me. Within two minutes of hanging up the phone the owner of both stores called me and said the gun was at a local gunsmith in Virginia who did Interarms warranty work. The store owner gave me the phone number of the gunsmith who had my gun. I called the gunsmith and he told me he had the gun, but was not going to repair it because Interarms had gone bellyup and the new importer for Rossi firearms, BrazTech would not honor the warranty. I told the gunsmith to send it back to the gunshop and I would pick it up there. In about a week I got a call from the gunshop in Portland telling me gun was there and to come pick it up. I went to the gunshop and told them who I was a a employee went in the back room and brought out a shoebox and handed it to me. I opened it up and the gun was torn down to it's every last part. After getting home I got on my computer and ordered a 22 caliber forcing cone reamer from Brownells and repaired the gun myself. I also discovered the tip of the firing pin looked like somebody had cut it off with a pair of Channelock side cutters. I called the gunsmith back in Virginia and ordered two firing pins and asked him why the gun had been torn down and he said it was in one piece when he shipped it. I must assume the gunshop in Portland was not happy about my remark that I was going to call ATF about my missing gun. The Portland store closed shortly after that. Rumor was they were -----------------------------------The gun is a fine shooter now and seems to be well made.

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
I was surprised to see that it had a hammer mounted firing pin.
I bought a new rossi from academy sports several years ago one of their specials,and it was involved in a recall about drop safety.I sent it in and they replaced it with a Taurus 856 ,which is a great shooting revolver,as was the Rossi.