Rodeo Bull Has Different Plans...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sisters, Oregon...

A "trained" rodeo bull jumped the rail and ran into the crowd at the Sisters Rodeo.

The rodeo folks say hamburger is not in the plan. They will re-train this bull. Wow.

Last edited:
The amount of total Strength is insane. Able to take all that weight and go over than fence as high as it was is incredible. Just like the Famous Bull, Bodacious. Great athletic ability. I do not think People realize how dangerous they are. Almost killed Tuff. Hederman. Finally banned from the Circuit.

Bodacious was known for his explosive exit out of the chute. He started out with such force it was not uncommon to see his belly from the top of the back of the chute. His ability to buck riders off before they could even start their ride did not endear him to the cowboys – though it earned their respect.

D481fPX.jpg

Last edited:
The amount of total Strength is insane. Able to take all that weight and go over than fence as high as it was is incredible. Just like the Famous Bull, Bodacious. Great athletic ability. I do not think People realize how dangerous they are. Almost killed Tuff. Hederman. Finally banned from the Circuit.
Yes, this bull sailed over the fence like a deer. And now he knows, when he's being persecuted in the arena, all he has to do is jump the fence to get away.

Nothing like a little Recoil.

u37joPL.jpg

Bodacious was a fast learner. He developed this technique of going very high into the air and when he came down, it was like a Canon ball maneuver. It would send the Rider's face hard into his back. Smashing the riders face. He became so dangerous that top Riders would refuse to ride him.

Last edited:
Saw ths very thing happen. Back about 1956 or so, we attended the Roy Rogers stadium show at the Iowa State Fair. It was followed by a great rodeo. During the bull-riding portion, one of the critters threw his rider, looked around, and proceeded to jump over the fence and scatter everybody. As I recall no one was hurt, but it was real exciting there for a few moments until the real cowboys got him rounded up. :oops:

We lived in Sisters for about 10 years or so beginning in 2000. The Rodeo was always a good time, and drew huge crowds, a great parade, and a lot of alcohol sales on the locals night party. Luckily this incident didn't lead to any major injuries. One lady got tossed pretty good- there's video of it online- but thankfully she was out of the hospital the next day. Only 2 other minor injuries.

Sisters was a great town to live in. It's also known for its annual Quilt show and also the Bluegrass Festival.

It's not the same town now as when we lived there, however. Lots of development- big dollar homes- and also the inevitable influx of homelessness. The forests surrounding the city are now loaded with makeshift campsites…

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
:D Gee Sam,, our friend Robb Barnes lives in Oregon.

I guess a lot of it is kinda like Trasheville. They have their problem people who move in among normal folks!

It's not unheard of that a bull can jump higher than one might think. Especially one who's bred for strength & muscle. I enjoyed the comment above about jumping like a deer. That's exactly what Miss Penny said when she saw the video.

That bull just wanted to take a shortcut to the holding pens.

Ride1949

Hunter
Rodeo in Oregon? I thought everyone that lived in Oregon were Portland Latte sippers! I guess there's still hope for "normal" people.

Never heard about this one? 🤫 You guys need to get out more. ;)

ETA: here's a list of rodeos in Oregon
https://rodeosusa.com/rodeo/oregon/

Last edited:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Rodeo in Oregon? I thought everyone that lived in Oregon were Portland Latte sippers! I guess there's still hope for "normal" people.
Guess you never heard of the Pendleton Rodeo?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

el caminero

Blackhawk
I know 50 years ago sisters had a bit of a rodeo thing going on, long before the weekend urban cowboys from across't th' ridge thought it was a great place to spend money. Herded a cascadia thru there last year, recognised like 3 buildings between burns and detroit, and increasingly more on the way to jefferson. Back then, "portland hunters" stories, even old ones, never got old.

Latest posts