Rock music and feeling OLD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RC44Mag

Bearcat
Coincidence? Last night I was wandering around utube and ran across a "Ten Years After" video. WOW, I hadn't even THOUGHT about that band in 30 years and now I'm amazed they weren't a "bigger deal" over the years. Went through their whole utube catalogue. Very cool.
Alvin Lee was a guitar great. RIP

He's going to be in Grand Rapids Michigan in February, got really good seats for that one. Haven't been to a live show in 20 years.
My wife likes some of his mellower stuff also. Last live show I was at was Nightwish in Canada, we were playing in a big senior open
tournament. After a game went into a club/theatre owned by one of our players uncle. Sitting down by the stage while the band was getting set up
doing sound checks and stuff, one of our guys was from Finland and knew of Nightwish and spoke the language. Next thing we're helping
lug stuff on stage and drinking a beer with Marko the bass player. Tarja come out and starts singing warming up her voice and getting
sound system set......damn...the sheer effortless power of that woman's voice even when she was just messing around was unforgettable.
They asked if we were staying for their show "well we would if we had any tickets". Turned out we didn't need any and about 1/2 our team
ended up with a table right in front of the stage. Was a great show and I'd never even heard of them before. Had a pounding head the next
morning, not sure if it was the volume or the tequila, just not right playing real hockey at 8:00am.

RC44Mag

Bearcat
Since we’re on the subject of some killer chicago blues here’s one of our my more recent favorites. Saw him twice the first time about 7 years ago, we had to drive about 5 hours each way down to Atlantic City to do it but he was worth it.

Latest posts