Road Trip Today...Whoo Hoo! Pics Added...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A couple times a year, Heliman and I jump in the rig, drive to Pendleton, and meet up with Bear Paw Jack and mcknight77 for lunch and sometimes a gun store crawl. Pendleton is the half way point between the Willamette Valley and Boise.

I really look forward to these little jaunts. I'm not good at taking pictures, but today I'll try to remember. 8)

We are blessed that we're able to take these therapeutic little trips.

contender

Ruger Guru
I enjoy trips where they are just for pleasure. We can't do any around here that are more than one night away. We have cats that NEED our attention,, and nobody who can care for them. So,, if there is any travel,, it's either me or Miss Penny but not both of us. But,, when I get to ramble out & about,, if I see a gun shop,, I'm stopping.
It's great y'all can meet & enjoy these trips!!!!!!!

pete44ru

Hunter
contender said:
I enjoy trips where they are just for pleasure.

We can't do any around here that are more than one night away.

We have cats that NEED our attention,, and nobody who can care for them. So,, if there is any travel,, it's either me or Miss Penny but not both of us.

Pet responsibilities are worse than little kids, unless they're taken along on the ride...…… :mrgreen:

CGDustDevil

Buckeye
I used to drive those roads for work... Now that I'm retired, I'm strapped down with animals and fixed income, and can't go anywhere anymore.

But the memories are there. Enjoy the trip and Godspeed!

Just got in the door.

Eastbound on I-84 from Portland metro, it's like throwing a light switch. Cross one little river, and you're mostly completely rural all the way to Kansas City.

The first little burg east of the Valley is Hood River. It's in the middle of the Columbia River Gorge, or where the Columbia River cuts thru the Cascade mountain Range. Get up on the hill in Hood River, and there's a nice little peek at Mt. Adams in Washington State.

I've said before, it's impossible to photograph any of this and show how huge it is. This is another view across the river to Washington State.

Here's a quick view of Pendleton.

In the Columbia Basin, West of Pendleton, both sides of the road, land as far as you can see.

These are the rock cliffs that line much of the gorge.

I took a couple photos of Jim and Marlin, but for whatever reason, they turned into a one second video which I have yet to figure out how to turn into a single photo. So here's a picture of the video. :wink:

This was a great day! :mrgreen:

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
It was a good day all around. They've been getting as much rain as we have and everything was really green. Not sure we pass any gun shops on our part of the trip, but I might have to check that out. I worry about being late. Lunch was good. I lost $20 in a slot machine so fast you wouldn't believe it. I was hoping some of Wayno's luck would rub off on me. It didn't.
Wayno and Jim gave the waitress a nice tip and they let us stay an extra hour after they were closed so we could talk.
Looking forward to the next trip.

Poco Oso said:
It sounds like you guys had a real good time. Did that Single Six come home with you? Nice gun.

Actually, no. As nice as it was, there was a fair amount of bluing wear at the muzzle. I used to buy just about any interesting Ruger, even if it didn't fit a niche in my collection, but trying to downsize my collection, I was able to resist this one. If anybody else was interested, I could surely put them in contact with the seller.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
I enjoyed the trip. Good conversation. Nice meal. BPJ bought me a chocolate milkshake from McD's on the way home. We usually have a show and tell of some of the guns we've recently bought, but, alas it was thin this trip.

jussbad said:
Looks like everyone had a good time. I enjoy reading stories like this on RF.

And you know full well, the RF is much more important to many of us than just a blog site. Many of us have crossed paths and shared a dinner or two, and have nurtured some very valuable friendships. :mrgreen:

Latest posts