Rifles For Sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
I have these rifles up for sale and price includes free shipping. It is time to move a few to pay for other projects. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

First up is a custom built stainless steel Remington Model 7 in 308. It was originally built by Wild West Guns in Anchorage, Alaska into the Summit rifle. Jim West began building these years ago and then started making the SummitLite rifle and discontinued producing the Summit rifle. I sent the rifle to him to convert it from a Summit to a SummitLite, but the rifle remains marked Summit Rifles. The following work has been done to the rifle during both builds. The original Remington barrel was kept but modified by fluting, porting, match crowned and was cryogenically processed. The porting is integral with the barrel. The action and bolt were squared, trued and lapped and the bolt and action machined to make it ultra-lightweight. The bolt has two ejectors installed for very robust and positive ejection along with a Sako style extractor. A Timney trigger was installed with a new High Tech ultralight synthetic/Kevlar custom worked on to form a Schnabel style forend with nickeled sling studs. A black 1" Pachmayr Decelerator pad and a custom paint job was added. I refrained from getting my initials engraved on the floorplate. A DNZ lightweight low profile matte finished scope mount was added with a VX-2 Ultralight 2-7x28mm with the FireDot LR Duplex (Non-Illuminated) reticle. I also added Butler Creek flip-up scope covers and have the original scope box, scope cover and paperwork. The rifle weights a scant 5.75 pounds as shown and is the perfect lightweight rifle. I would estimate it has been fired less than 300 times in over the 10 years I have owned it. I touched up very small spots on the stock, where the paint wore due to handling, but it is not that noticeable. The rifle loves 150 to 165 grain bullets. Cost to build the rifle as I have would be over $5000. My sale price is $3200.

[

Second up is a WWII Winchester 94 Carbine in 32 Winchester Special in excellent shape and is one of the very few Flat Band models that were made between 1943 and 1948. This one was made in 1947. Records for all Flat Band Models are non-existent, however Winchester would stamp the year on the underside of the barrel, just in front of the receiver, and it is stamped 47. It has great original bluing and wood for a rifle that is 70 years old. The front sight insert was replaced with a Sourdough insert and has the hood. The replacement rear sight is a fold down sight to allow the use of the tang sight. I also have a decorative Winchester rear sight plug for the rear sight dovetail. The tang peep sight looks like a Marbles sight, but is unmarked. The tang sight comes with two inserts, so you have three possible sight pictures. The barrel band is the Winchester sling swivel style and the buttstock has the same type swivel mounted on it. I have the original tang screw and tang screw plug for the second hole, the original front sight, but the original rear sight is long gone. A 1" leather sling is included.

The man I bought it from several years ago said his dad bought it after coming home from WWII and it was bought new at a store in the town where they lived. He got it when his dad passed away. He said it was not shot or carried much and that appears to be true by its condition. As far as I can tell, the carbine seems to be all original, but for the missing rear sight, which is available online from a number of sources. Selling as a great shooter and an example of WWII Winchester production for the civilian market, not as a collectable. My sale price is $950.

Third ups for sale is a Weatherby Vanguard 2 in 300 Weatherby Magnum with the original stock and bottom metal. This rifle was modified with a Boyds Laminated Nutmeg stock with stippled grip areas, two action crossbolts, Pachmayr Decelerator 1" black pad, Edwards Recoil Suppressor, and pillar and glass bedding. The Boyds stock was sent to CDI Precision Gunworks to have the stock modified to accept their detachable magazine bottom metal and three modified magazines were purchased to accept the 300 Weatherby round. A muzzle break was also purchased. Once the modified stock was returned, the barreled action and all metal were sent to Accurate Plating and Weaponry for further work. This included threading the muzzle, installation of the break and fabricating a custom thread protector. All metal was then matte chrome finished. Weaver blued steel bases were then installed. Now the rifle can be fired from the bench using the Boyds Laminated stock and muzzle break and recoil is about like a 7-08. The factory stock, bottom metal and thread protector can be used while hunting, to reduce weight. CDI Precision Gunworks advised that they can also modify the factory stock to accept the detachable magazine bottom metal for a small fee, if so desired. I have the original box and all paperwork that came with it. I have fired approximately 150 rounds from the bench since its return, with factory 180 grain ammo, and I get consistent 1" groups at 100 yards. I have not developed any handloads for it. I invested over $1800 to build it. I have around 100+ once fired brass with the rifle. My sale price is $1300.