Rifle value (Express) ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tss106

Single-Sixer
Any ideas regarding the value of a M77 "Express" version in .270 Win....., serial # 781-01XXX? Rifle is in excellent condition. Thanks!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I don't know much but I do know for $525 my back pants pocket would be ripped off trying to get my wallet out fast enough for that rifle!!

I do think the circassian stocked express rifles are going for $1000 to $12-$1300 if nib. Used in good shape like that I would guess $8-$900. I may be a bit behind on the times with the prices but this will get things rolling here.

The express rifles are my favorite Ruger rifle. I have never been able to bring myself to pay the money for one yet...but I have not found one for sale in a 25-06 yet. :cry: Someday...

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
You will look a long time to find the .25-06 Express. A very limited production chambering that was an "Exclusive" for Williams Shooters Supply.
Supposedly 50 ordered and they all didn't get made!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
El Numero Uno":2zuqhctu said:
You will look a long time to find the .25-06 Express. A very limited production chambering that was an "Exclusive" for Williams Shooters Supply.
Supposedly 50 ordered and they all didn't get made!

I do recall a post some time ago where you and some others here on the forum were discussing that. I did not remember the numbers being that low for the 25 though. You are right that it probably won't happen but if I do happen to stumble upon one someday , I won't hesitate to cut a check!!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Hi Matt,

Yeah we'd have to arm wrestle over it or something!! :D

I am not aware of any stainless express rifles. The only ones I know of are the circassian stocked models with the deep bluing that look identical to the magnum rifles but in the smaller calibers.

Jeff

mattsbox99

Hunter
Hmm, this is a stainless/synthetic with the express sights, I guess that doesn't make it an express, but a nice walnut stock would sure mkae it look really good.

chet15

Hawkeye
mattsbox99":3nwzgn40 said:
Hmm, this is a stainless/synthetic with the express sights, I guess that doesn't make it an express, but a nice walnut stock would sure mkae it look really good.

Ruger's express sights have a drift adjustable rear post, and in front of that are two incrementally higher folding blades.
I've never heard of a stainless .300 WM with express sights (and this would be a Mark II rifle no less). Are you sure this is what it is??
Chet15

mattsbox99

Hunter
I haven't seen it in a while I don't remember what the sights looked like. I was pretty interested, but I didn't want another heavy recoiling rifle.