Rifle basix sear any good?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hemiallen

Bearcat
Any reports on the quality of the Tang safety rifle basix sear?

My 243 needs a better trigger, and I have sucessfully modified other tang safety guns, but the price of the sear and lower than I have made them pull is tempting.

Thank you

Allen

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
No experience on Ruger products, but I installed (2) RB sears in Savage rifles (both bolts; one a Mark IV .22 LR, the other a 12BVSS .243). I haven't installed many other aftermarket rifle triggers, but I'm not hugely impressed with the RB products. Hard to install, hard to adjust, go out of adjustment easily, have somewhat sloppy fit (they provide a very light pull, but have lots of slop), and I've had issues getting the safety working properly on the Mark IV. They also (at least used to) only provide you with a (PC only) installation video, not printed instructions, and I found that to be a PIA: I don't have a PC on my workbench...

I'm not convinced that, for the money (or slightly more), you couldn't do better.

-- Sam

hemiallen

Bearcat
thanks for the information Sam.

I had read some of their full triggers were hit or miss for quality control, sounds like I may need to avoid this product.

Thank you

Allen