Rex powders???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I'm starting to see a few recipes show up using Rex powders. I think I read somewhere Rex is a Hungarian mfr, and right now their powders are almost dirt cheap from the vendors I've seen advertising them: about $25/kilo (2.2 lbs.)

Anybody have any experience w/ them yet?

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
J Miller":3jqkacof said:
At that price perhaps I should keep my eyes open locally.
I could use some inexpensive powder.

Hi, Joe

I haven't seen 'em locally yet, only online. Powder Valley and Graf's are the vendors I remember. I don't remember Graf's having the "big" containers, but PV lists 25 pounders in addition to the 2.2 pound containers. They don't ship the "biggies"--gotta pick them up in person.

Maybe we should send John (Ruger Packer) on a raid across the border into Kansas Territory to see what he can come home with? :)

Rick C

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Rick Courtright":riu8rzst said:
J Miller":riu8rzst said:
At that price perhaps I should keep my eyes open locally.
I could use some inexpensive powder.

Hi, Joe

I haven't seen 'em locally yet, only online. Powder Valley and Graf's are the vendors I remember. I don't remember Graf's having the "big" containers, but PV lists 25 pounders in addition to the 2.2 pound containers. They don't ship the "biggies"--gotta pick them up in person.

Maybe we should send John (Ruger Packer) on a raid across the border into Kansas Territory to see what he can come home with? :)

Rick C

You talkin' about makin' me a modern day Quantrill Raider?!?! 8)

Chief 101

Hunter
I am thinking that powders are becoming increasingly more available. In the last week I have found two stores here that have their shelves full, one has their stuff exorbitantly priced and the other priced mor normally. Why, I cornered a pound of 2400 and a pound of Unique for under 30 bucks for bofofem. Gettin back to normal I hope. Chief aka Maxx Load

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Ruger Packer":5qrezkp0 said:
You talkin' about makin' me a modern day Quantrill Raider?!?! 8)

Hi, John

You bet!

I had a college prof who tried to drill it into our heads how the study of history affects EVERY aspect of our lives. How many reloaders you 'spose would ever think of some of the possible links to OUR hobby? ;)

Good on ya for catchin' the reference!

Rick C

J Miller

Blackhawk
If my memory serves me right, might-might not, I "think" I've seen some Rex powders at one of the local gun shops.
I'll have to check. I doubt his prices will be any where near those quoted above though.

Joe

Latest posts