Revolver display cases

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stikshooter

Bearcat
I would like to start showing off my collection of BH's and SBH's at the local gun shows.Where can I get the large display cases,like the ones that can hold 8 to 10 revolvers.Do you guys buy them,or build them yourself?

Thanks,
Eric...

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a few of the aluminum display cases I use at gun shows & have bought mine in various places. I've never paid more than $40 for any of mine. Try pawn shops, auction houses,, business sales (ones going out of business,) etc.

flatgate

Hawkeye
360617795.jpg

I made a pine "bookcase" that just fits in the back of the wife's Subaru. I purchased a piece of plexiglas that covers the front so "greasy little fingers" can't touch the guns. It's rather mundane compared to the "big boys" but, it works for me.

flatgate

flattop44

Buckeye
If you want the ones that lay on a table the best I have ever found are made in your home state of Texas. "Jomar Display Cases", used to be located in Nacogdoches (936-560-2146). They may have moved to a new larger shop in Splendora(sp?). They are aluminum cases and are reinforced at the corners and can take a beating!!
FT44

stikshooter

Bearcat
Flatgate,that is a really nice display.Does that ''bookcase'' have lighting?,it sure looks brighter than I would have thought.I might have to build something like that.
Flattop44,I will give them a call and see what they go for,I might build one like Flatgate and buy a flat case to go along with it :D
This collecting and displaying is habit forming.

Thanks
Eric...

flatgate

Hawkeye
stikshooter":7m926a1f said:
Does that ''bookcase'' have lighting?

Thanks
Eric...

Yessir, it does! "Clear Rope Light", i.e. clear plastic tubing with little lights inside is nailed to the lower sides of the shelves and is hidden by some "quarter round" molding. I'm no carpenter and that was the easiest way I could figure out how to get "lights on the subject."

I've always made my display's "safe" so I can leave for few minutes and not have to worry.........

I've also made some simple table cases by screwing together four 1 x 4's in a rectangle then covering them with glass or plexiglass.

flatgate