REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
OK guys ... I've been taking some flack about my comments of late regarding accuracy claims that have been posted recently, so I've decided to PUT UP rather than SHUT UP. :D

I therefore formally issue this challenge to all Ruger forum members. It shall from here on be known as REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE

EDITED : NOW OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CENTERFIRE HANDGUNS OF ANY CALIBER ... no optics.

For all you guys that seem to think that 1 inch groups at 15 yards are so easy to do ... i challenge you to PROVE IT !!!

For every time that any shooter can shoot a 5 shot (5 shots per target), hand held (no rests) group that fits inside a 1 inch circle I'll give you $20. For every time that you FAIL to shoot 5 shots into a 1 inch circle, you give me $1. That's TWENTY TO ONE ODDS.
Fair enough ??

NOTE : AFTER DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD ... THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO ACCEPT ONE INCH GROUPS CENTER TO CENTER AS A WIN.

I reserve the right to limit my losses to $200 (not including the money I take in from failures to shoot the 1 inch groups). I put no restrictions on the amount of times you can shoot, what ammo you use, or the time you take to shoot. Put 5 shots into a 1 inch circle hand held and I pay ... no questions, no excuses. If it can't be contained within that 1 inch circle ... you pay ... simple as that. I'm not testing for accuracy, so the groups can be anywhere on that paper ... I don't care. You put 5 out of 5 shots into a one inch circle hand held at 15 yards and I pay.

Come on guys ... make some easy money.

Since it's my challenge, the challenge will need to take place on my neutral turf, so I know that will make it impossible for most to take advantage of this easy money. For that I apologize.

If there are any takers, let me know, and we'll arrange a time and a place in eastern PA to hold the first (and probably only) REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE.

The worst that can happen is that we'll do some shooting, and afterwards get something to eat and have a few drinks and BS about Rugers or other guns.

Any takers ?????? Now's the time for ALL you internet marksmen to stand proud, and show off your prowess !

C'mon ... make some easy money from a disbeliever !!!! I double-dog-dare you !!! :D

REV

jimruger9

Bearcat
will NOT take that bet. would get tired of sending you a buck at a time. Sold my SR9 for that very issue. Good luck on the challenge.

revhigh

Hawkeye
jimruger9":1f1286ky said:
Good luck on the challenge.

Actually it's more kidding around, although I AM serious and WILL pay to any and all takers .... Doubt there will be any though ... it's a lot easier to TALK about 1 inch groups on the internet than to shoot them. Trust me, I KNOW.

REV

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
I don't have an SR9 but this sounds like a fun challenge. I'd give it a try, up to about $5.00 worth!

revhigh

Hawkeye
You're in bnewberry !!! :D

I'm feeling generous guys !!! Tell you what ... I'm willing to open up this challenge to ANY brand of centerfire handgun of ANY caliber with ANY barrel length. Must be open sights ... no optics. No professional shooters ... must be a RF member as of YESTERDAY to be eligible.

I'll go one step farther .... if there's a group (5 or more) of you RF guys who live near each other, I'll come TO YOU (say within 100 miles), and you can do it at your home range. I can't be any more accomodating than that guys. Truth be told ... I'd really like to see this done, and believe me, I'll be happy that you did it as well. I'll not only pay the agreed odds, but I'll buy the first round afterwards !!!

I KNOW exactly how difficult a 1 inch group is, so all you 1 inch group internet marksmen, and their supporters, come on down !!!! The water's fine, and there's some money to be made.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
REV, I hope this thread lasts a long time, I'm laughing my butt off here.

I know how difficult it is to shoot that well at around 50' and I wouldn't be attempting it with my SR9.

I wish I lived a little closer to you, I think you and I would have a ball trying to get down to 1" and a couple of beers afterward would also be nice. :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":1ayv50fj said:
REV, I hope this thread lasts along time, I'm laughing my butt off here.

I know how difficult it is to shoot that well at around 50' and I wouldn't be attempting it with my SR9.

I wish I lived a little closer to you, I think you and I would have a ball trying to get down to 1" and a couple of beers afterward would also be nice. :D

I hear ya Cheese, me too !!! I honestly hope it happens ... I'm 100% willing to stand by my end of the challenge. Now we just have to see how many of the 1 inchers will step forward ... my guess is NONE, so my $200's safe.

All these views and NO TAKERS yet ????? I'm shocked !! C'mon guys and gals ... I'm just throwing my money away here !! Somebody should come and clean me out. PLEASE !!! :D

REV

tango6

Bearcat
If I shoot a taurus judge with 3" 410 shotshells and get 5 pellets in a 1" circle somewhere on the paper, will that count :lol:
sounds like it could be a fun challenge if there any takers.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sorry Tango6, no 'shotgun pistols' allowed LOL. Good try though !!! I think that Judge shoots regular handgun ammo, though, doesn't it ?? You're more than allowed to use that ... I'll give you 100 to one odds if you use the Judge !!!

REV

jhearne

Buckeye
Why can't you live in TX, I'd love to give it a shot :). I'd cut myself off at $10, but at any point I love to shoot. Too bad your too far away, shucks ;). I've never bragged about my accuracy nor will I ever, there's no sense in hiding why I've never posted one of my targets :D!

Josh

tango6

Bearcat
quote by RevHigh "All these views and NO TAKERS yet ????? I'm shocked !! C'mon guys and gals ... I'm just throwing my money away here !! Somebody should come and clean me out. PLEASE !!! "

All I can say is, its a good thing I live in georgia and you in PA or I would be there to take your money :wink: :lol: :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Wish you were closer Josh !!! I have a hard enough time shooting golf ball sized groups at 17 yards ... usually billiard ball size for me. One inchers are truly rare from my shooting experience.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
tango6":9zozlpx7 said:
All I can say is, its a good thing I live in georgia and you in PA or I would be there to take your money :wink: :lol: :lol:

Talk is cheap, my friend !!!! :D

REV

Cholo

Staff member
I'll not only shoot sub 1" groups at that range all day long, but I'll even do it for you shooting with my off hand with every gun I've got! In fact, I'll do it shooting 22lr's out of the magnum cylinder in my Single Six!

$200! Like taking candy from a baby...

Sincerely,
Internet Superman

:wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hey Cholo (AKA Internet Superman) ... please see response above yours !!! LOL. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cholo":2u1g0cby said:
In fact, I'll do it shooting 22lr's out of the magnum cylinder in my Single Six!

Centerfire only Cholo !!!!!!!!!

No wussies or rimfire shooters allowed. Not that wussies and rimfire shooters are the same ... I would NEVER say that ... :D

REV

wbw2

Single-Sixer
I was about to type "I'll be there", but then I Yahoo'ed and discovered Bangor is 3.5 hrs. away.

Your $20 wouldn't cover my gas :D

Latest posts