Reuben.J.Cogburn's well worn Ruger, continuation of thought

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
Imagine, one gun, one holster, one kind of ammo.........and being satisfied?
Oh, I don't know. I have come as 'close' as I can. I have a 'set' of 'perfect' (to me) tuned 'blued' sixguns that cover whatever I want to do. Also settled on one bullet style for each caliber, and one powder for each. The 'search' is over for me. One does have to have a .22 and at least one big bore SA revolver... so at least two revolvers :) . I settled on 'one' per caliber (.22, .357, .44 Special, .44 Mag, and .45 Colt). Last me the rest of my life, and I am satisfied. The .45 Colt is most satisfying caliber of them all :) .

Jury is out on the holster scene though. I have/had a belt generic holster for the big bores for many years before buying a new one, and now another for a gun belt. So not there on that score :rolleyes: as I haven't found a perfect holster/belt set .

Last edited:

Armybrat

Buckeye
6+ years! Quite a thread "necrobump"! :D

But yeah, the .44 Special is lots more fun to shoot than the magnum.
Nonetheless, I gave my 5.5" Super BH to one of my sons several years ago to take on his occasional camping trips.
I had upsized that shorter plow handle grip to the longer Hunter style. He really likes that gun.
C8CC4F04-FE9D-48BE-AF1C-98250E67CA88.jpeg
2ADE4149-3118-4D88-A660-19F7A939EF00.jpeg

El Juero

Bearcat
There is simply NOTHING the 44spl wont do…..within reason. 😁
I would agree if you are reloading. if you don't reload (and I do) then it is a hard sell for the 44 special. The 357 magnum and the ability to use a myriad of factory cartridges could be better.

willicd76

Bearcat
I would agree if you are reloading. if you don't reload (and I do) then it is a hard sell for the 44 special. The 357 magnum and the ability to use a myriad of factory cartridges could be better.
I have many years and many dozens of game animals taken with the .357 for reference. Ill take the .429 240gr at 1000fps over the .358 180gr at 1250fps ANY day of the week. Paper ballistics dont mean $hi! Out in the pasture.