Replacing trigger on LCP has been a learning experience !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

purebred

Bearcat
I thought replacing my plastic LCP trigger would be an easy task at hand. Plenty of u tube videos, how could i mess up ? Boy was i wrong. Granted tearing the little pistol apart is very easy but assembling it was no piece of cake. My problem came with my poor eye sight and old age shakiness. I was one who inadvertently removed the wrong pin instead of the two you're supposed to do for disassembly. The hardest part of the assembly was the hammer catch and spring. When it was over I had parts everywhere. After spending two full days trying to get it back together and working I finally did it. Along the way i found some very good shortcuts and procedures to assembling a LCP. The best part is I now have a ruby red trigger in my LCP, no more trigger bite and to my amazement it still shoots. Hallelujah. :giggle:

Last edited:

purebred

Bearcat
Well I guess I will tear into the little beast again when I get my parts I ordered. I ended up loving the aluminum trigger but the red just didn't cut it. Something about a red trigger on a black gun just didn't do it justice. I ended up taking a little oven cleaner and removing the red anodizing leaving a nice aluminum finish which i polished out with 1000 grit sandpaper. I ordered a stainless steel pin kit for all 4 pins and an aluminum magazine base to finish it up. When all is said and done I will post a picture. Now the only problem is to replace the dreaded hammer catch and spring again, oh well have to stay busy somehow.

purebred

Bearcat
Got the stainless pins and the aluminum minus the red paint trigger installed today. Dresses the little ruger up a bit. Got the nice aluminum magazine base NDZ performance.

Attachments

• 20230213_124832~2.jpg
    20230213_124832~2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230213_125029~3.jpg
    20230213_125029~3.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 51