Replacing coil mainspring in Smith 63

Help Support Ruger Forum:

one bullet

Single-Sixer
I love my Rugers but I've got a Smith question. I'm having repeated failure to fire issues with my model 63/32 kit gun in 22lr. I was thinking of replacing the mainspring because I suspect light strikes. It does it with different types of ammo. I shot new factory Remington and Winchester ammo today. The gun was clean and I never got to fire a complete cylinder without one or two failure to fires. Can anyone advise me how to replace the mainspring, it's the coil type. I've also posted in the lounge but wondered if any of the gunsmith type folks had seen it there. Thanks!

edlmann

Blackhawk
one bullet":2gy1eeot said:
I'm having repeated failure to fire issues with my model 63/32 kit gun in 22lr. I was thinking of replacing the mainspring because I suspect light strikes. It does it with different types of ammo. I shot new factory Remington and Winchester ammo today. The gun was clean and I never got to fire a complete cylinder without one or two failure to fires. Can anyone advise me how to replace the mainspring, it's the coil type. I've also posted in the lounge but wondered if any of the gunsmith type folks had seen it there.

Has the spring ever been replaced?

I'd order a factory part and go from there.

How does the firing pin look? Shape is important.

Latest posts