Replacement Stocks for 10/22 Compact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

QB

Single-Sixer
I'm new to the 10/22 rifle and have a question concerning replacement stocks.

I ordered a 10/22 COMPACT and was wondering if replacement stocks fit the COMPACT model.....or do I need to make sure the product info states that it fits the compact? I was looking through different 10/22 accessories in the Cabelas catalog and some of the replacement stocks were pretty interesting.

I guess what I'm asking is whether or not the compact will fit in a regular/fullsize stock? I think I read somewhere that the barrel is contoured differently????

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am going to order a second 10/22 in a couple of weeks and it was going to be a compact model also but if the replacement stocks don't fit compacts then I think I'll go with the non-compact model.

Thanks

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Yes, any 10/22 stock will fit the compact model's bbled action. the Compact is "cpm[act" simply because of the shorter stock.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I found this thread late but if you are interested in trading, I have a new stock off a blued 10/22 I would trade for the compact one. I am looking for the shorter stock for my kids.

My stock will have the blued barrel band which yours will not have.

LarryH

Single-Sixer
Here is one that I scaled down. Just a standard 10/22 carbine with a bit of file work done to it. Cut off the fore end at the barrel band and thin down the forearm to your liking. I finished it with a coat of Black Rit Dye then sanded it down so only the open pores had the black in it and used Tru-Oil to finish it.

DSCF0728.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0719.jpg

gt52842

Bearcat
LarryH":2lv0c7s4 said:
Here is one that I scaled down. Just a standard 10/22 carbine with a bit of file work done to it. Cut off the fore end at the barrel band and thin down the forearm to your liking. I finished it with a coat of Black Rit Dye then sanded it down so only the open pores had the black in it and used Tru-Oil to finish it.

DSCF0728.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0719.jpg
You have done a great job on the stock, very nice workmanship, Gary. :)