Replaced the DAO 2.25" SP101 I sold...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stonebuster

Single-Sixer
...with another SP 2.25" 357 DA/SA. Last year I got frustrated with my poor shooting with my SP101 DAO and sold it to buy a 3" GP100. I soon missed it and after a year found a 2002 DA/SA at my LGS and bought it determined to learn to shoot it better. Took it to the range wearing compact grips and shot it poorly so I put the Hogue on it, shimmed the hammer & hammer dog, installed a 12# mainspring, dropped the trigger group and cleaned the gummy oil and grime out. Took it to the range and shot 50 rounds SA until I hit consistently well and finished with 100 rounds DA. The last two trips I left happy with the results. I'm going to try the Pachmayr wood grips next trip.
IMG_2701 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2681 (1).JPG
    IMG_2681 (1).JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 61

contender

Ruger Guru
NICE!

As an instructor,, I often mention to students that; "Most guns will shoot better than the abilities of the trigger jerker!"
I have stressed the importance of a properly fitted grip. I have stressed the learning of a proper way to grip the gun. I have stressed the need for proper trigger control. And I stress PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Looks like you are on the right track.