replaced scope on my .22 rifle, Thank You Mr.deerstalker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
Back in Aug of 2018 I purchased 2 22cal rifles from Mr.deerstalker, one of them was a Revelation model 110M ( made by Marlin ) which was made for Western Auto Supply Co. back in the day . I wanted it because I have another Revelation, a 30-30 made by Marlin that is a really good old shooter

anyways this .22 came with a Weaver 3/4" 22 scope on it, but the eye relief was wrong for me and because of the spacing of the rings there was no way to get it far enough back, even with the bad eye relief i still took care of a lot of bad 4 legged actors
4TW5hntl.jpg

1yVdGMWl.jpg

so I finally got around to getting a new set of rings and got busy this morning putting a different scope on it
now she has a nice old Weaver K4 straight 4x , ElPaso Tex
OhYUu7Nl.jpg

cP6Sh7Ql.jpg

I sighted her in for short range work ,as I use it for shooting vermin out by my shop where we feed our out side cats , about 22 yards
and she shoots pretty good , Remington CBee22 LR HP, 5 shots
9nBpywol.jpg

CCI mini mags they hit high but thats ok , 3 shots
qi6mJjZl.jpg

CCI CB shorts , 5 shots
SwAX4wsl.jpg

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I've found the CBee ammo to be the most accurate of the "low power" 22lr alternatives. Terminal performance is good also. We use this ammo exclusively(if we can get it) on the trapline.

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
Mobuck said:
I've found the CBee ammo to be the most accurate of the "low power" 22lr alternatives. Terminal performance is good also. We use this ammo exclusively(if we can get it) on the trapline.
yes it's very hard to find ,
I notice when i was shooting today that the CCI CB shorts had a very noticeable sound difference from round to round, the louder ones always went a little higher than the quieter ones

Latest posts