Replace GP100 front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pdog

Bearcat
I have a 6 inch GP100 that I want to put an orange front sight on. Who makes a replacement for it? I see Midway has a Milett sight that says you need to drill the pin hole for it. Any recommendations? I have painted it but want a factory replacement.

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
The colored ones work well, had to file mine down, contrast the targets. about $15.

WESHOOT2

Hunter
I use Millett orange ramps exclusively on my Ruger revolvers. I find them very visible, readily acquired, durable in the extreme, and sufficient in low-light 'circumstances'.

But I haven't had to pin any......call Brownells and "ask the techs".

DogBone

Bearcat
I know it's red and not orange, but here's this:

90074L.gif

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-GP100-Red-Fr ... nfo/90074/

actionflies

Bearcat
I bought the same sight from midway and no drilling required. Just push in the plunger from the front of the barrel to take the sight out. Do a search in this forum because there are a lot of topic about this. I also like the Hi-Viz fiber optic sights.

pdog":1t6ljnyf said:
I have a 6 inch GP100 that I want to put an orange front sight on. Who makes a replacement for it? I see Midway has a Milett sight that says you need to drill the pin hole for it. Any recommendations? I have painted it but want a factory replacement.

e3mrk

Bearcat
I put a set if Fire Sights on My GP-100 and love Them, No Pin involved,Just remove the old Sights and They drop right in.

e3mrk

Bearcat
I put a set if Fire Sights on My GP-100 and love Them, No Pin involved,Just remove the old Sights and They drop right in.

Ruger3.jpg