Remanufactured 9mm ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Hello- I was just gived a few boxes of: " BULL-X remanufactured 9mm 122gr LFP "... their a lead bullet-NO jacket. Are these ok to use for pratice in my SR9?????
Thanks for your replies...

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger":279brrz1 said:
The SR9 uses standard rifling, not the polygon stuff. So it should be fine.

Ouch- on the 3 rd round the back of the casing blew out, jamb the gun up good,I had to use a small screwdriver to get casing out. I check on the INTERNET and this company is NO longer in business. NO more old military or reloads for me. You save a few Dollars on a box of ammo, and run the risk of damaging a good gun= dumb :roll:

I might scrap that stuff, but I would not let it discourage me from shooting other reloaded stuff or especially 'old' military ammo.

Heck, that one bad round could have happened with brand new factory stuff. Yes, not as likely but it can happen.

I shoot Georgia Arms 'remanufactured' ammo all the time and I can't ever remember having a problem.

If you are shooting a lot, there is no reason to have to pay for the packaging on 20 or 50 rounds. Big bulk/loose Box of 500 or a 1000 sure is easier.

fastapex

Single-Sixer
At my range a man blew half his hand off and got shrapnel in is stomach messing around with 80 year old military surplus ammo.

In my opinion its not worth the time, money, or safety to buy the stuff.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
blume357":2osp6ldc said:
I might scrap that stuff, but I would not let it discourage me from shooting other reloaded stuff or especially 'old' military ammo.

Heck, that one bad round could have happened with brand new factory stuff. Yes, not as likely but it can happen.

I shoot Georgia Arms 're-manufactured' ammo all the time and I can't ever remember having a problem.

If you are shooting a lot, there is no reason to have to pay for the packaging on 20 or 50 rounds. Big bulk/loose Box of 500 or a 1000 sure is easier.

Are you shooting a "Revolver" ??? I glade your having GOOD LUCK, no dealer around me stock bulk or even recommends it.. I'm sure they want to sell me a box or 2 at a time,lol lol.. Plus I'm shooting a semiautomatic. Thanks for your input...

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
fastapex":1a5qdavp said:
At my range a man blew half his hand off and got shrapnel in is stomach messing around with 80 year old military surplus ammo.

In my opinion its not worth the time, money, or safety to buy the stuff.

I'm glade you posted that, luckly I check out some 1959 9mm amo from Finland - it was loaded HOT ,way HOT before I shot any. $20.00 for 300 rds. , which I return it all. 1 trip to the hospital will cost ya more than you save shoot cheap-O amo for a year!!! What ever works best for you my friends......

mekender

Single-Sixer
i would gladly shoot my own reloads and would also shoot Georgia Arms stuff too... they have a quality product...

that said, i did have someone give me a box of mixed headstamp rounds a year or so ago... had several rounds with a headstamp of DFI (defense frangible ammunition... company that is no longer in business... every one of those rounds had a case head seperation... scared the crap out of me...

lesson learned, ill not shoot miscellaneous reloads any more...

toysoldier

Hunter
I haven't seen mention of it lately, but there used to be warnings about surplus 9mm sub-machine gun ammo that was loaded really hot. I suppose there might be some of that still floating around.
On a similar note, don't fire Tokarev ammo in a Mauser Brooomhandle. It will work, but pressures are way higher. And one book mentioned that the Czech ammo was loaded even hotter than the Russian.
I bought a bandolier of Turkish 8mm ammo, and fired it all through the Turkish Mauser I cut back to a 18" carbine. At least 1/3 of the cases had neck splits.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
toysoldier":l9ebn35e said:
I haven't seen mention of it lately, but there used to be warnings about surplus 9mm sub-machine gun ammo that was loaded really hot.
NATO spec 9mm made in Europe is actually loaded much hotter than SAAMI spec 9mm +P here in the US.

Latest posts