reloading for 32 H&R Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jforwel

Bearcat
I'm not near my books now but you might get some books, such as Hornady or Speer since they make JHPs, Lyman for cast bullet loads and Handloader magazine if you'll be shooting them in a Ruger.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
There are so many different combinations of powder, & bullet choices, that as mentioned above,,, get a couple of manuels. Those are your best guides as to the components YOU select.
Also, you will find that many manuels will be a little different in some of their recipes. Do not worry,,, that's just the differences that company found. You will see that most of them are fairly close to one another. Another point,,, when you read the section about each caliber, quite often they will tell you what combination was the best for them. It's a good guide as to where to start.

JohnnyRingo

Bearcat
i reload for the 32 H&R, and ill tell you, i found it real hard to find a good accurate load until i decided to try universal, and 100gr bullets. then the gun came alive.

im looking for a load that approximates a factory load for the 32 h&r if anyone has one.

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
if your looking for top end velocity loads look to 2400 aa9 4227 or 110. Of all of them ive probably had the best luck with aa9. Whats odd too is i tend to have better luck wth mag primers then standard primers in the 32 mag.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Using Unique, and Hornady's XTP, loads between 4.0 adn 4.5 gr give me less than 1.5" gps at 25 yds. Velocities run from 900 fps to just over 1000 fps in my Single Six .32 H&R Magnum with it's 4.5" bbl. Check a manual for proper loads. These loads listed are safe IN MY GUNS, YOURS MAY DIFFER. Regards, Rodfac

Latest posts