Relative rarity of a Ruger No. 1????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Have a Ruger No. 1 that about 200 total in that caliber were produced. In terms of No. 1's how rare is that?

Figure if it was a single action revolver, I'd be sitting pretty with a rare to a scarce gun, but not certain about the No. 1's.

Any input appreciated. Caliber was made for 2 years only, between 2010 and 2011, 460 S&W in a 1-S profile.

Thanks!

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
They're hard to find, and one just sold on one of the auction sites for some big money, so they are desirable to someone.

I came close to getting one when they first came out, but decided I had things pretty well covered with the 45-70.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Relative Rarity is the correct word. The 460 S&W was cataloged and recently made. 200 is as good of guess as I can make. As compared to a No.1 that may have been made 45 years ago and about 200 made, the older one is more desirable, in my opinion. Never the less, the 460's are in demand; I think more by the Mid West hunters who now find them legal for deer hunting than by collectors.
I am in need of one for a display at Tulsa in November, so if you have an interest in selling, please PM me. Thanks,

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
I just purchased a NIB Ruger #1S 475 Linbaugh with better than average wood. It had been on the store rack for about a year with little interest. I'll just say the owner was ready to move it and sold it for very low price (blind hog finds acorn logic). In some areas 'odd ball' chamberings just don't draw much attention in single shot rifles, Rugers anyway. Dies for 475LB are regular price, and I'm looking for Winchester 45/70 cases to convert, or possibly a box of factory 475LB ammo now. Found some Hornady ammo - 20 rounds for $38! Holding off for now on those but may have to go back and buy.
I like neat stuff...

wunbe

Buckeye
Alan in GA,

I got the same kind of deal on a Bodington Lion in 375 RM at a gun show yet! NIB with all the papers, Circassian wood, the whole enchilada for $900. The dealer said he was tired of hauling it around ... The only problem is finding ammo.

wunbe

wbn

Bearcat
Is it also safe to say that the 480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh No.1 is in the same rarity category as the 460 S&W?

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
As neat as I 'now' think the 475LB is, like me I just don't think many people noticed them. I've already had a few "what's that?" responses when mentioning my purchase. Even I looked at the rifle's tag for almost a year and figured 475LB must be some 4 inch long African/British Cordite burning round meant for being a stopping rifle until I picked the rifle off the rack (I always ask first!) and started asking questions. Seeing the review on GunBlast web site sealed the deal, or maybe it was the below dealer cost 'to a friend' price I was offered!
Picking it up today if day goes as planned. Pictures coming if so.