Reelfoot report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
These photos from my trip to Reelfoot Lake Friday, November 25:

The first eagle we spotted:

The best shot I was able to get this day:

Some of the devastation from last year's tornados. This was once a two story motel on this site. Two men died here:

Here is where we stood and made pictures in front of the Lakeview restaurant.

The sign we once looked for:

And my niece who has been so supportive of me since the loss of my beloved Nita:

Bob Wright

woodsy

Blackhawk
We live 100 feet above an adjacent river (in CT!) and see them all the time. Along with fish hawks, redtails, etc. When we visited Yellowstone and went on a guided boat cruise of the lake, an osprey swooped down to get a fish (successfully) and even the guides were in awe. We told them we see ospreys all the time, and explained it's all part of the ban on DDT and the species' recovery efforts.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
We live 100 feet above an adjacent river (in CT!) and see them all the time. Along with fish hawks, redtails, etc. When we visited Yellowstone and went on a guided boat cruise of the lake, an osprey swooped down to get a fish (successfully) and even the guides were in awe. We told them we see ospreys all the time, and explained it's all part of the ban on DDT and the species' recovery efforts.

Once at Reelfoot, a bald eagle swooped down and caught a fish right in front of me as I stood on the bank. The eagle turned the fish from crosswise to lengthwise in its talons, looking like a WW II torpedo bomber. As it flew over my head I could see the "Oh, Nooo!: expression on the fish's face.

Bob Wright

turd

Buckeye
Bob, looks like a great trip. Sorry to see the remnants of the damage, though. Eagles really have made an incredible come back since DDT banned. Last time I went to my small town dealer I saw an eagle nest along the Rock River in NW Iowa. Pretty far north for winter, south for summer, so they are finding new places all the time.

Latest posts