Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC in 45LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rockman

Bearcat
Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC ammo, any pros or cons? I am thinking about ordering some.

thanks, Bill

Dave T

Single-Sixer
I got some hard cast 240g SWC 44 Specials from him and they are as good as any of my reloads when I was still doing that. I will order more soon.

Dave

sebtool

Blackhawk
I almost bought some .41 mag they had listed on gunbroker recently. had some other 'shtuff' come up and had to pass. Did look attractive, tho.

May use them in the not too distant future, especially if more good reviews pop up.

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
They made some .41 mag for me as well as a bunch of .256 Win. Mag.. The .41 mag. was perfect. They had the neck too long on what they sent to me on the .256,, so I sent them an original .256 with the 60 grain bullet and they corrected the mistake. Prices are reasonable and they are very reliable, at least they were for me. They also made some .221 fireball for me that shot very well. I am fixing to order some more .41 mag from them next week. Hope this helps, Hank.

s4s4u

Buckeye
Ron and Co. have loaded quite a few for me; .357 Max, 7-30 Waters, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, 45/70, a few more. All good stuff from Reed's.

cafsman

Bearcat
I know this is an old post but just a buyer beware note. I ordered ammo for my 222 Rem Mag nearly a month ago and had heard nothing. I went back to my emails to see if there were a phone number or something other than my confirmation number. Nothing. Went on line to the website www.reedsammo.com and "strange" but no phone numbers listed. So, I clicked on the [email protected] link and sent an email. I got the following response the first time.

I do not have an ETA at this time on the next .222 run.

Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC
1209 SW 129th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
WWW.REEDSAMMO.COM

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Order Confirmation Notice
Date: Tue, February 14, 2012 7:04 am
To: <[email protected]>

When will this ship?

ruger1v

What is even more disturbing was the second response to the follow up email.

We do not charge you until the order ships out. So your card has not been debited and will not be until the order ships. I don't have an ETA when we will be making the next run as we have a lot of orders in front of it.

Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC
1209 SW 129th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
WWW.REEDSAMMO.COM

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Order Confirmation Notice
From: "Neal E. Brooks, Fire Chief Retired" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, February 14, 2012 2:54 pm
To: <[email protected]>

What exactly does that mean? Days? Weeks? Months? Was my credit card debited.

What is disturbing as none of this is flagged or given warning of when you place the order. I found the phone number and left a message and have not heard back. So, now I have to see how to cancel as he has my credit card information and I really prefer to do business with someone or a company that is transparent and up front.