Redhawk 45 Colt Price Check???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bureau602

Bearcat
I found a 6.5 inch Redhawk today in 45 Colt. The guy offered it for $350.00 sounds like good deal to me but I don't know much about Ruger pistols, most of mine are S&W. I have been wanting a Blackhawk but think this will work if it is a good deal. The gun is stainless and probably 98 percent with rubber (hogue??) grips. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Tell you what, send me the guys number and I will pay it and send you $50 finders fee! That is a steal!

You might try to figure out if it is a 5.5 or 7.5-inch gun but regardless that is an exceptional price. I would say $500 to $550 is what it is really worth depending on condition.

If you don't want it, I would like the phone number as I will find the money to buy it and pay the shipping and pay you $50....

bureau602

Bearcat
Thanks, I thought it was a good deal. I am not sure this was a 6.5, if they did not make a 6.5 I would guess 5.5 before 7.5.

bureau602

Bearcat
ended up being 7.5 Redhawk with hogue grips in stainless. Got 25 rounds of Winchester Silver tips and 100 rounds of Blazer hollow points. Thanks for the help, I have not had a 45 colt other than reloads what ammo seems to work best for you guys.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
bureau602":xbavpxoe said:
I have not had a 45 colt other than reloads what ammo seems to work best for you guys.

Are you asking about reloads, or factory offerings. With a Redhawk you can tread on the heels of the .454 Casull, down to standard 800 fps 255 cowboy loads.

bureau602

Bearcat
I do not reload, I was asking about factory ammo. I plan to deer hunt a little with this gun.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I have used the controled expansion +P and heavy hard cast loads from double tap and both are very capable hunting loads.

If you decide you want to sell or even trade for a 44 Redhawk let me know as I would be interested in your purchase. The problem with the 45 Colt is that you relly need to reload to get everything out of the round without breaking the bank. Good news is you can shoot this and enjoy it and still make money when you sell it.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Buffalo Bore and Garret produce the loads that will make a .45 Redhawk sing. For practice there is cowboy loads. Not trying to sharpshoot Quarterbore, just offering other options.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
No contest here, I have just not bought a whole lot of 45 Colt factory ammo so I referred to the ones I have used... I didn't mean to imply they are the best or even better but I do assure you they are some powerful 45 Colt loads!

These are the two I have tried:

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalo ... cts_id=334

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalo ... cts_id=335

Both loads really let you know you are not shooting your average 45 Colt Load but no worse then a good 44 Mag load and definitely not like a 454 load!

bigboredad

Blackhawk
jmho but with a gun like that I would learn to reload so you could appreciate all that the redhawk can do

M'BOGO

Buckeye
bigboredad":39w18fbp said:
jmho but with a gun like that I would learn to reload so you could appreciate all that the redhawk can do

I only have Blackhawks, but I am with you. I have only bought .45 Colt brass, slugs, and molds. Never tried any factory, started reloading a couple of years before my first .45 Colt. Just knew those loaders of the factory heavy loads, never looked into Double Tap, only heard of their heavy 10MM loads. There is also Cor Bon loads, here are their hunting loads http://www.dakotaammo.net/CORBON-Hunter/300/300/dept. I only use factory for SD loads. With the cost of factory ammo, It doesn't make sense not to reload.