Redhawk 444, is fantastic, but ...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aktarus

Bearcat

These are the injuries caused by Redhawk 444. :cry: :cry:
The tester has used 100 cartridges FIOCCHI - FMJ-SF 240-gr. and committed only one error ... did not use leather gloves. :(
The lesions on his hands, bites look like a wolf, for this reason, Redhawk, you may also rename REDWOLF :wink:

Nice weapon, but the barrel 4 "and some chassis parts require a little too sharp attention to use. :!: :!: :!:

Redstick

Single-Sixer
You shot a hundred rounds and got your hands tore up from it???
What did the pinching to get the blood blister? I'm not sure what you're doing, but my hands don't look like that even three times the rounds. Heck, even .454's aren't THAT ABUSIVE to my hands. :?:

Aktarus

Bearcat
The tester is not me but that's what the Italian magazine WEAPONS MAGAZINE.
Even I am amazed by his wounds.
I too have noticed that the corners are sharp Redhawk and therefore a person who has his own small hand potrebe also have some problems with excessive contact with the frame

RocketFoot

Bearcat
I've seen wounds like that from laying your digits too close to the chamber when firing! Gases expelled from the sides will tear you up if your not careful with finger placement.

contender

Ruger Guru
Redhawk 444???? I'm assuming you meant a 44.
I would love to see his method of holding a revolver while shooting. I bet he has an improper gripping method,, and is partially to blame for his own injuries.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Aktarus":1d3c9ak9 said:
The tester is not me but that's what the Italian magazine WEAPONS MAGAZINE.

Well, reckon they couldn't print it if'fn it weren't TRUE!!! :lol:
I think them hands were doing something other than shooting to look like THAT!!

don44

Hunter
The cylinder doesn't look long enough to be a .444. Sure has some torn up hands though.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Aktarus":1b3zivh8 said:

These are the injuries caused by Redhawk 444. :cry: :cry:
The tester has used 100 cartridges FIOCCHI - FMJ-SF 240-gr. and committed only one error ... did not use leather gloves. :(
The lesions on his hands, bites look like a wolf, for this reason, Redhawk, you may also rename REDWOLF :wink:

Nice weapon, but the barrel 4 "and some chassis parts require a little too sharp attention to use. :!: :!: :!:

Maybe he should leave the big bores to adults :roll: and use one of Rugers new heavy weight 32's instead! :D

c.r.

Single-Sixer
don44":180kr7s8 said:
The cylinder doesn't look long enough to be a .444. Sure has some torn up hands though.

444 is the catalog number for a 4" (actually 4.2") redhawk in 44 mag.

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
I've fired 100 rounds of 240 gr 44 mag, and then gone on to shoot several of my other guns and didn't get any marks at all. My hands got a bit black from all the powder, that's all.

I've not noticed sharp edges on my 444, but even if there are why is your hand in contact with them, you are supposed to hold the grip aren't you? you know the softer black rubber bit. Lucky it was a Ruger, imagine what a lighter S&W would have done to him. I think he should test the 329? light weight Scandium model next month, then we can see the marks on his fore head too.

It was either faked for journalistic effect to sensationalise the 44 mag or the tester has some serious issues. A normal person would stop to see what was making there hand hurt after a couple of rounds, not just keep firing. Why injuries to both hands?, that suggests the revolver was not held properly.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Mark McWillis":5t58io4x said:
Guess it's a good thing it wasn't a .454!

If that would have been the case we would be reading "Italian killed today while shooting Ruger . :lol: 454"

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
My trigger finger has looked like that from twirling my Vaquero too much, and my thumb has looked like that after hitting ti with a hammer :)

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
yup, the thumb is hammer dropped on thumb. long story, if you try to hold it like an auto with thumbs forward and you have the bad habit of touching the slide with your thumb, you can get it nipped. I got it once when I transitioned from shotting my 1911.

the trigger finger can happen if you don't fallow thru on the trigger and it gets whipped during recoil.

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
It looks more like he beat his hands with the revolver than got that from shooting it. I have taught for years and shot much more and have never seen damage like that unless a handgun exploded or someone was holding it covering the cylinder gap. I'll bet those hands were stiff for a few days afterwards.lol Hank.