Red Label question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rich-

Bearcat
So I have a 12 gauge Red Label, early 2001 vintage. I would like to appraise it for insurance purposes.
I got this gun through my sister in law who worked in the NH Ruger factory for many years. She picked out some nicely figured wood for the stock, and hand checkered it with some non production combination of patterns (she had this put on the factory paperwork). I assume this should add some value to the gun because it's my understanding all the Red Labels were CNC checkered . Any thoughts on this? And what would be your recommendation for the best way to get it appraised?

hittman

Staff member
There are probably companies who will do such a thing but I don't know who they are.

If it were me, I'd start by paying Ruger for their $10.00 verification letter.
Send your request to Ruger along with a cover letter and the story you told above. Ask if they can verify it or expand on what your suspicions are. Offer to pay them for their research. I've done that, they've made extra efforts for me and have never once asked for money.

Pull up COMPLETED auctions on Gun Broker and others. Print them out on paper to start building your documentation.

EDIT to add: Since you're new here ….. the form needed to request the letter from Ruger is on their web site. I think under Customer Service tab.