red dot on sp101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dale53

Blackhawk
I bought an SP 101 in .32 H&R Magnum with a 4" barrel. I could NOT zero the gun with whatever load I tried. As most of you know, the SP 101's rear sight is only adjustable for windage only.

I liked the gun and wanted to keep it. However, it is just a paper weight if it won't shoot to the sights. I had my local pistolsmith, Jack Basham, drill and tap it and mount a Weaver base on it. He thought I had lost my mind, but now I have a nice shooting, very practical .32 H&R Magnum:

Dale53

This doesn't actually look that bad...and if you shoot it more, well more power to ya. It works for you as is,but I would only have one suggestion. Perhaps a Burris fast fire. The SP101 is heavy enough as is, a lighter weight red dot might be better....

Varminterror

Blackhawk
The JP Enterprises JPoint sight mount works for any Ruger SA or DA with the "standard" Ruger adjustable rear sight. It takes a slight modification for the Super Redhawk and Redhawk as compared to the Super Blackhawk, but it's the same mount for all of them - the MODERN adjustable sight SP101 included.