Red Dot for Ruger Mark iii Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redm2

Bearcat
I just bought a Ruger Mark iii Hunter with the 6 7/8" barrel. I am going to use this gun for small game hunting; primarily for squirrels (I would like to be able to do head shots at 30yds without the dot consuming the entire head). I want to know what the best red dot would be for this application? My spending limit is $275.

The Burris Fasfire looks nice, but the local Gander Mountain didn't have batteries in their demo for me to check out. I really like the holographic design (I think that's what they call it??) of the Fasfire. Something with a very crisp, precise, and bright red, or green, dot would be perfect.

I've been scouring the net, but I am very unfamiliar with red dots. I want the best quality and bang for my buck!!! Thanks in advance.

Redm2

Bearcat
sorry I just realized this is in the wrong forum...I guess I need to get used to this site!!

You can get red dots that are small... smaller moa... but,

the easiest way to to think of the dot like you would a regular sight and adjust so your target is above the dot not behind it.

I do the same thing with scope sights and the cross hairs... I put the point of impact just above and to the left of the center of the hairs.

...b...