Red Dot For Mark III Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmanari

Bearcat
Just purchased a Mark III Hunter and would like to add a Red Dot to it. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. My $$ range is $100 - 200.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I just put one of these on my new Charger. They were $10 cheaper last week......I would have bought the previously mentioned sight if they had been this price.

However, it seems to work pretty good.....FWIW

Boomer

Single-Sixer
hutchman":s3zkn3ik said:
I just put one of these on my new Charger
That Bushnell scope seems like a killer deal on closeout. Will the rings included with my Mk II slabside fit this 1" scope without mods? If so, I'll likely order one too! Apply one of these Midway email promos to further sweeten the deal to prox 50% of MSRP:

To receive your DEAL:
1.Place in-stock products in your shopping cart totaling:
$100 or more - Use Promotion Code 100109
$250 or more - Use Promotion Code 250109
$500 or more - Use Promotion Code 500109
Enter the promotion code in the box entitled "Promotion Code" on the shopping cart page.
2.You will see the discount on the Confirmation page before placing your order.
3.Remember, this promotion code is valid for orders placed on MidwayUSA.com.
4.Limited to one per Customer and one promotion code per retail order. Valid on in-stock products only.
5.Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 PM CT October 21, 2009.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
Jayhawkhuntclub":24yaleux said:
Boomer":24yaleux said:
hutchman":24yaleux said:
I just put one of these on my new Charger
That Bushnell scope seems like a killer deal on closeout. [/color]

What Bushnell?
Click the red "one of these" link...

Update:
I just "pulled the trigger" so to speak. This scope is not discontinued on Bushnell's site ($171), so the Midway deal with promo plus adding a pack of bullseye targets (seconds) got me over $100. With the $10 off $100 plus basic shipping, my total was an even C-note. Hey, if I don't like this scope, I can always blame hutchman! :p

A

Anonymous

I have the same model Bushnell Trophy red dot without the auto off on my shotty. I can definately attest to it's ruggedness. After a couplea thousand rounds of lo-brass 7-1/2 shot, and at least 300 3 inch magnum slugs it'll still keep 3-4 inch groups with slugs @ 50 yds and I only zeroed it once when I bought the thing.

The only complaints I have read on this red dot were about the multi reticule not holding zero when switching from one reticule to the next. Doesn't seem to make a difference on the shotty, but I'm not gonna get MOA accuracy out of my smoothbore barrel anyways.

I oughta to slap it on the 22/45 and see what it'll do.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I think I'll be pleased with this mounted on my Mk II slabside but if not, maybe it will end up on my old Marlin Camp 9 instead! :wink:

Price warning!:
I just now refreshed Brownell's page and the price is now $115 instead of $96. It seems their prices vary by hour like the NY stock exchange! Me thinks I did good on this buy...

Boomer

Single-Sixer
hutchman":10njk9j7 said:
What was your final price I think mine was $65 when I bought it. I had no idea they varied so much.
Your link led to advertised "clearance" price of $96 less $10 with coupon applied. Website now shows $115 with no "clearance" or further discounting from Bushnell $171 MSRP. If you bought the 730132A model with the auto on/off feature, you did even better than me...

hutchman

Blackhawk
Mine is a 30 mm tube, red dot with a 4 pattern reticle. I do not believe it has to auto off feature and I was wrong about the price.

I paid $84.95...........not even close to $65. I checked the invoice on the Midway site.

Sorry for the confusion.

I will buy one of the holograph sights eventually to try. My only fear is that they will not be bright enough in the sun.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
hutchman":3jkc1j0t said:
Boomer, mine came with rings. They are not shown in the picture, but they are in the small print.
Well, my new/old slabside is home now as well as the Bushnell # 730132A red dot I ordered from Midway. The sights did come with rings but the 30mm tube won't fit Ruger's 1" rings and Bushnell's rings are designed for a grooved (wider) receiver - not the Mk II scope mount plate. Can anybody tell me specifically what rings I need to mount this red dot on my pistol? TIA...