Recommendations on Mini 14 Ranch scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JimmyGator

Bearcat
Looking for an optical scope for Mini 14 Ranch. I have a picatinny rail mount red dot.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Brownells has a good deal today on Bushnel 1-4x BDC .223 scopes with free shipping and 10% off with code MEF. ($72 total) I just ordered one.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/scopes/rifle-scopes/1-4x24mm-drop-zone-223-matte-black-sku593000164-58423-118955.aspx

I already have two of these scopes, one is the illuminated reticle version and one like above. I actually prefer the non illuminated one. They are good scopes for the money and a good option on an AR or Mini.

wwb

Hunter
Scope choice all depends on the intended use of the rifle. Longer ranges and smaller targets call for more magnification, but the Mini is no tack driver, so there's a practical limit...... a 3-9x40 is, in my opinion, too much scope.

A 2-7x33 or something similar would be a more well-rounded choice. For close-range moving targets, 2x works better than 3x (but a 1x or 1.5x works better than a 2x), and 7x is more than enough magnification to take advantage of all the accuracy the mini has to offer. Additionally, it can be mounted on lower rings than a scope with a 40mm objective.

Latest posts