Recommendations for single point sling and mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aqualung

Blackhawk
OVERLOADDED said:
Want single point sling and mount for my Ruger AR 15! Overloadded

As for a mount, I have one from UTG that clamps right behind the castle nut and provides a QD socket:
WdLkE0v.jpg

As for a sling, I rigged a 2-point sling (got it at Cabelas, called a"Patrol Sling") into a single-point.
rQJVDW4.jpg

However, since then, I did some research and found that I really didn't like the single-point sling. It always hung the rifle down to bang right into my "junk". I found the 2-point mount to be much more comfortable.

However, I'm not a serious tactical guy ("Operator" :wink: ), so your wants and needs may differ than mine.

Aqualung

gunzo

Buckeye
Don't do it would be my recommendation. Wear a cup if you do.

Well, try it if ya like, but after trying to like one myself I watched several vids on 2 point brands, set up's & usage. Now I'm happy with a Vickers quick adjust on one AR & a Magpul on another.

One option for a Magpul is an additional fitting that allows one or 2 point carry. Worth a look. The push button swivel & socket mounts seem to be the most common nowadays.

"I found the 2-point mount to be much more comfortable."
^^THIS^^
I don't care for the single point sling on an AR carbine--not too bad on an AR pistol w/10" barrel carried "Doc Holliday style" snug under the armpit of the shooting hand. My "go to war" vest has a drop leg attachment with a velcro strap for securing the business end of a single point slung AR. If you wear a MOLLE or load carrying vest with the single point hook up loop on the shoulder, that keeps the gun higher but also allows the butt to hit your face if/when you bump the muzzle into something.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
Magpul ASAP is what I have for a single point sling mount. Works nicely.