recoil pad for American?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I went this morning and bought a new Ruger American in 308. I always like to have an extra recoil pad in case chemicals mess up the one on the gun. I contacted Ruger and I was told they are not for sale as a pad only but as a stock and pad at $99. Does anyone know where I can get just a pad for the American? I would like it to be original if possible or at least one that will fit without any fitting. Thanks for any help.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Update: I had all but decided on either a Hogue or Limbsaver pad when I received an email from Ruger. They wanted my phone number, I gave it to them and in about 20-30 minutes I got a call. The guy was very nice and said he would take care of everything and wanted my address. In about 8 days it was here, not a recoil pad but the whole stock and pad set. I contacted Ruger and was told that it was how they had to do it as the pad isn't available at this time by itself, I offered to pay at least the shipping but they declined and told me if I needed anything else to please let them know. Ruger goes above and beyond in service, I recently bought a new stainless 10/22 and past dealings with Ruger helped make my decision on the 10/22 over other brands.