Recently found 2 more books I didn't have,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I was browsing a gun show,, and found these 2. My library grew by 2 that day!

booksknives001.jpg

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Tyrone, both great reads. "Letters" book shows how crudely Elmer was with a typewriter. Still, great content. The Gene Brown book is also good. Gives a good history on most of Elmers writings, and a glimpse of what the man was like, on a more personal level. I'm sure you'll enjoy them immensely.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Hey Sam, you old rascal ! :lol: How's that beagle of yours doing ? What's his latest food pilfer escapade ? :D

contender

Ruger Guru
He, he, he! That dog found the pilots for his laser boresighter,,,! Crunch! We found pieces in different places.
He really is a good dog,, just wants attention when Sam gets busy with a customer,, and then the devil comes out in him!

Now that you mention it , in addition to the laser bore sighter mandrels, 1/2 pound of bacon, a $20 bill, 3 disposable razors (blades and all),the handle off of a cheap screwdriver and he's on his third or fourth pair of blue jeans. Been pokin around for the 20 for the last three-four weeks. Hadn't found any blades either. He's doing fine though. Distruction of old pairs of blue jeans are authorized, it keeps his teeth clean and his butt wiped.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Sam, I used to have a beagle, also . He also ate several of my wifes daisy disposible razors, a 9 mm round, and a piece of cake, that was wrapped several times in plastic wrap. Everything came out OK in the end :lol: . Funny thing is, I never knew about the 9mm round until yard patrol, and that plastic wrapp was still wrapped tight like it was, without a crumb of cake in it !

Well, I guess if one of those mandrels gets stuck on the way out, you can attach the bore scope, and see what else is in there :lol: :lol: .

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Contender- Let me know how those books read. I've been eyballing them for a month or two and can't decide!