Received my Lipsey .44 Special today!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
What a SWEEEETTTTT gun!!! My FFL/gunsmith guy was very impressed with it. He got out his trigger pull gauge and measured the let off... it was consistently 3.75 lbs.

He had 20, 180 grain Hornadys reloads he let me have to try it out with. I wasn't totally prepared for the let off. So the first shot was off target. But the next 19 I clustered on target at 20 yards.

I need to get some cast bullet loads put together and a pic to post here. :D

I think this just became my all time favorite Ruger SA!!

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Great minds must think alike - I got mine today too!
I stopped by Scheels in Bismarck and they had one in each length, and I quickly scooped up the 4 5/8".
When I got home, my first shot was off the target (just like yours). I think I jerked the trigger. Then I dialed in and the thing really grouped well. Now if the wind would die down, I'd go sight it in proper.
Anyway, I think this is going to be my new favorite.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
ndcowboy":d6srm5h5 said:
Great minds must think alike - I got mine today too!
I stopped by Scheels in Bismarck and they had one in each length, and I quickly scooped up the 4 5/8".
When I got home, my first shot was off the target (just like yours). I think I jerked the trigger. Then I dialed in and the thing really grouped well. Now if the wind would die down, I'd go sight it in proper.
Anyway, I think this is going to be my new favorite.

Just curious... what is the date on the envelope with the fired cartridge?? Mine is 9/24/09!! Thats a very recent gun!! 8)

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Lee Martin":2w2t3hbc said:
Glad to see there're still producing them. What barrel length did you get?

Lee, I got the 4 5/8" barrel. The dealer, Tin Star Shooting Range, in Weatherford, OK had 4 of them. Two in each barrel length.

When I saw them posted in the classifieds here, I call ASAP PRONTO!! He still had the four, so I had my pick of the crop! :D Needless to say, they didn't last long. All were gone within an hour I understand. 8)

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I just picked up a 5 1/2 inch one. It has the best out of the box trigger pull that I have felt on a new model Blackhawk for a long time. Very even finish, locks up great and seems to be one of the best new models that I have played with. Going to shoot the crap out of it. :)