reblue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

any ruger

Blackhawk
I added a taller frt. sight to my short barrled 44 SB. Of course I screwed up the blueing. Tried the cold blue not happy. How much trouble will I have removing the barrel and reinstalling it ? Plan to just have the barrel reblued.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
any ruger":3jsieea3 said:
I added a taller frt. sight to my short barrled 44 SB. Of course I screwed up the blueing. Tried the cold blue not happy. How much trouble will I have removing the barrel and reinstalling it ? Plan to just have the barrel reblued.

More trouble than just stripping the gun down and rebluing the barrel and frame together.

Everyone who shoots a lot of SBH guns runs across this problem eventually. I can't see why it is so difficult for ruger to put a properly sized front sight on their guns.

Was shooting a new 10/22 the other day and with the rear sight cranked all the way down it was still shooting 2 feet high at 75 yards. Do they not get complaints about this!?!?

any ruger

Blackhawk
The frame has turned a nice plum Ihate to ruin it. Thats why I want the barrel only reblued .

flatgate

Hawkeye
any ruger":397zjo6k said:
The frame has turned a nice plum Ihate to ruin it. Thats why I want the barrel only reblued .

357690092.jpg

S/N 9XXX, Factory Refinished 5 or 6 years ago. It was turning color by the time it got to me from the Factory.

I added a plum grip frame just for grins......

flatgate

PS It shoots good, too!

If it turned plum the first time around, it will again, if its 'reblued' ( always does for us....) :roll:
A good shop can quote you a price either way, the choice is yours......

Latest posts