Rear sight blade replacement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Has anyone ever had to replace the rear sight blade on a MK III (I'm sure the Mk I & II are the same)? What a PITA. You have to hold the spring back while maneuvering the blade into the notch and slot. Finally, after going from Plan A, to B, to C, to whatever, I hit on the perfect tool. I used a dental pick (the kind that they use to scrap the tartar when cleaning) to hold the spring. If there is a better way I would like to hear it, but this does work great.

good idea, but found using the same, thin, 'pin punch' since the early 60's works for us......whatever is handy (and has a blunt end) and you know where and how to hold 'er back, will work..............the "new" ones , with the off set slot (notch) at least "stay " in place.

As 'Flatgate' states, a few times and it is very easy..........

Brules

Single-Sixer
Anyone know who sells replacement sights for the Mark III. I would like to find one with a white outline. My eyes are as good as they use to be.

Brules":2c3gczpv said:
Anyone know who sells replacement sights for the Mark III. I would like to find one with a white outline. My eyes are as good as they use to be.
The one I replaced was a 'freebee' from Ruger. Mine for some unknown reason, cracked in half and fell out. I called them and told them what happened and they sent the new one out the next day. The one they sent me doesn't have the white outline but does have the outline stamped in ( I_I ) that could be painted.