Real world value of a flat top 44 blackHawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brad W

Bearcat
A local shop has a like new 44 flat top (no box but looks new) I think the serial number is around 25,000 I don't remember for sure. They are asking $950 and I'd like it but that's a chunk of change for me. Anyone know what the real world prices are for these? Would this be a pretty decent buy for an excellent condition flat top? I havn't seen many for sale.
Brad

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Price depends on a few other things, barrel-length for one. You really need the RENE Ruger guide available on this forum from Chad. The difference between a big price and the $419 is what collectability is all about. They are both fine guns and very alike and very different.
Sonnytoo

Axehandle

Buckeye
So much to consider here... "Looks New" can be good for the value if original and bad for the value if it is a refinnish... If the gun is the most common barrel length ( 6 1/2) $950 sounds like a good price if the gun is original, looks new, and has the original grips...

Brad W

Bearcat
I should have mentioned it is not the new flat top, it has not been converted and looks to be totally original. I'll have to check the barrel lenght. If I get a chance I'll take another look today

If it is all original and as new condition I think that is a very fair price. Its a $1,000 - 1,100 gun in my opinion. Finding them in that condition is certainly not common.

Now if the barrel length is 7-1/2" and its all original its a downright steal!

FT44

Brad W

Bearcat
I went and checked it out again, very nice 99% original gun (I can tell a refinish), 7.5 inch barrel, serial number 24144. has Sturm Ruger & Co barrel address. Blackhawk 44 magnum on the frame, no safety modification. I supose it's a decent deal.

Brad W

Bearcat
O.K... I threw a couple bucks at it to hold it, I have some other nice older Rugers but no other 44 Flat tops and was hoping they weren't that expensive. It is very nice so I hope it's worth it if I ever decide to sell out. Thank you for the info.

Brad