Ready for some shooting weather...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

malibu

Bearcat
I've had enough of the white stuff, now it's time to get to the range. I bought that 357 Maximum from the guy in Maine. Then got the brass from Gun Broker and now it's time to tune this thing up for next years deer season. I told you guys about the deer I got with the Old Army now it's time for the Max. Everyone's telling me not to shoot it because its new in the box but the way I look at it, a gun wasn't built to set in a display case,it was built to shoot....Plus, the fact is I'm not independently wealthy and can't afford two or three of anything so when I get something I want I shoot it. :? Of course maybe I'm just nuts too...

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I kind of agree with you. I don't own a gun I wouldn't shoot. A while back I traded for a pair of baretta's with consecutive serial numbers. They were new in the boxes unfired. I kept them about a month and wouldn't shoot them so I decided to get rid of them and get something to use and enjoy. So I got rid of them and got me 2 guns to shoot instead of look at. If I had the maximum I would shoot it also but you do realize that once you start shooting it you will have to have more rugers just ask me I have 9 now and shoot them all regularly. Guns were made to be used and enjoyed. If they werent they wouldn't shoot.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm a lot further south than you are & I just got some weather at a timeframe to where I could get to my range & enjoy it last week. I know what you mean,,,!
Now,, as for shooting a maxi,,, they are collectable,, and many folks feel they if they can't shoot a gun,, they wouldn't own it. Me,, I have shooters,, & I have collectors,,,! Some of mine will never be shot while I'm alive!

Rclark

Hunter
and many folks feel they if they can't shoot a gun,, they wouldn't own it.
And I am one :) ! Finally got out this weekend.... Problem was shooters were coming out of the woodwork. More people there than I've ever seen at one time. Spring fever! Still was able to shoot all I wanted. .357, .22LR and of course .... .45 Colt. Good to be back in the saddle again ... so to speak.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I never did see the rationale for saving a NIB revolver for someone else to enjoy. After all it's our money. I have a couple of guns I cannot shoot. My step dad (a good man) had a NIB S&W Texas Ranger with Bowie Knife Commemorative. It came to me from the estate. He thought so highly of it that I don't have the heart to shoot it (it's not like I don't have fifty others to shoot :mrgreen:). It is frustrating, tho' as the Model 19 Smith is a very nice "Perfect Packing Pistol" (ala John Taffin). Oh well, I'll get over it...

Pretty much in general I shoot everything I buy - sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it, but I do...

Of course, collectors look at me with horror (Oh, the SHAME of it :roll: ).

Dale53

malibu

Bearcat
I'm getting a little older :? and have known to many people that say (one of these days I'm gonna shoot some of my guns) but the days run out, the guns went to auction, and my buddies went???? So when someone says,( holy cow you're not gonna shoot that its a collector gun) you know what happens next ..... Hang on and let her rip...