Edited to add, 11 deg forcing cone

Revolver has been fired a total of 12 rounds to date

3 shots @ 30yds standing with forearms resting on rail of deck

Think I already found the load

101_1280.jpg

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Wow! Look out Bambi! Good shooting!

Load development has never been quite that fast for me!

tek4260

Buckeye
I have the exact same gun except with a Bisley grip frame, and it seems to have tons more recoil. I am having a hard time deciding which I like better now. Both are fitted with thin grips. After shooting this same load in the Bisley, I was scared to shoot it in this gun. Guess the super frame rolls with the recoil more and is less punishing.

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL ... were you afraid of ruining that group with the 4th and 5th shot ???

Can't blame ya ... good shooting !! I can't tell you how many times I've shot the first 3 or 4 and thought ... boy, I'm afraid to shoot the other 1 or 2 for fear of ruining the group. :D

Good shooting !!

REV

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Awfully good shootin'. And nice guns too.
I use the Bisley grip for my heavy-recoiling guns, like my .500 Linebaugh and my Bowen 5-shot .45.
Sonnytoo

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I told you to junk those bisley frames and get you some good feeling pistols long ago. Now you just need some pachmayr's and you would have a good pistol. :wink:

tek4260

Buckeye
Well, I had practiced a bit with other revolvers over the summer. I only used 3 #'s of H110 before deer season last year. :D

I took a doe opening morning with the revolver above at 79 yards. Right behind the shoulders and a little below midway of the body. She ran right at 20 yards before piling up. I didn't find blood for the first 15 or so yards :? I thought they were supposed to bleed like crazy? I also took one walking at 155 yards. It was luck, but I hit her in the neck like I wanted to. As late as it was, I knew Id never find her if I took a body shot.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd say that the gun is ready,, and the load seems to be a good one. All that's left is to get in a lot of practice between now & deer season to be very comfortable with it!

Joe S.

Hunter
Well heck, i hope i dont ruin yall's impression of this gun. I suckered Tek out of it today. If it shoots that good for him at 25 i oughta be able to keep it on a paper plate. Lol

Can not wait to get it to the range and see how it does. Need a trigger spring....

tek4260

Buckeye
Yep, folks don't believe me when I tell them how much better the Trapper/Bullseye spring is. You got a side by side and a before and after feel today. Hell I have bought grip frames off ebay just because I saw that it had one of the springs in it!